Eye Operation (Lasik)

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Siew Peng

Eye Operation (Lasik)

Post by Siew Peng »

Hi.. i'm a air rifle shooter and i wear glasses. will the eye operation be a good choice for shooting because i keep having problem with my shooting glasses (by the way, i using champion)
haw_peng-at-hotmail.com.43390.0
Gaines Blackwell

Re: Eye Operation (Lasik)

Post by Gaines Blackwell »

Quite possibly but it depends on what your problem is. I would go to a qualified opthalmologist for an examination.
: Hi.. i'm a air rifle shooter and i wear glasses. will the eye operation be a good choice for shooting because i keep having problem with my shooting glasses (by the way, i using champion)

gtblackwell-at-charter.net.43391.43390
Barry Markowitz

Post by Barry Markowitz »

The need for lenses always creates some minor distortions (usually called spherical and chromatic aberations) besides the glare and dust, etc. Additionally if you have astigmatism, the problem is compounded, such as the target not appearing to be perfectly round to your eye. So logically it would seem to be a good move. I have had the surgery but my experience since has been in pistol shooting. Most pistol shooters with "perfect vision" will still use a diopter to ease eye muscle strain, as well as being safe eye protection.
newsphotohi-at-hawaii.rr.com.43393.43390
rick lee

Post by rick lee »

: Hi.. i'm a air rifle shooter and i wear glasses. will the eye operation be a good choice for shooting because i keep having problem with my shooting glasses (by the way, i using champion)

care to explain the nature of your problem? is it due to your shooting glasses or your eyesight?
Siew Peng

Post by Siew Peng »

: : Hi.. i'm a air rifle shooter and i wear glasses. will the eye operation be a good choice for shooting because i keep having problem with my shooting glasses (by the way, i using champion)

: care to explain the nature of your problem? is it due to your shooting glasses or your eyesight?
i not sure too... i just have my eye checkup and i also changed a new len for my shooting glasses. but my target seem to be out of shape. i suspect is the len angle but my coach had helped me adjusted it. so i was thinking maybe lasik will do the trick but i also worry about the side effects and will it affect my shooting

haw_peng-at-hotmail.com.43408.43403
Siew Peng

Post by Siew Peng »

: The need for lenses always creates some minor distortions (usually called spherical and chromatic aberations) besides the glare and dust, etc. Additionally if you have astigmatism, the problem is compounded, such as the target not appearing to be perfectly round to your eye. So logically it would seem to be a good move. I have had the surgery but my experience since has been in pistol shooting. Most pistol shooters with "perfect vision" will still use a diopter to ease eye muscle strain, as well as being safe eye protection.
hi barry
so do u suffer any side effects of operation? and did it affect your shooting?

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: i not sure too... i just have my eye checkup and i also changed a new len for my shooting glasses. but my target seem to be out of shape. i suspect is the len angle but my coach had helped me adjusted it. so i was thinking maybe lasik will do the trick but i also worry about the side effects and will it affect my shooting
Are you sure that the lens is correctly fitted into the lens holder. If you have any amount of astigmatism then it is critical that the lens is fitted with the correct amount of rotation. Even a couple of degrees out can have a dramaitic effect.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.43410.43408
Barry Markowitz

Post by Barry Markowitz »

Regardless of what Lasik people tell you, my personal experience was that my eyes hurt badly for 3 days, then I experienced severe night glare when driving for 3 months. Prior to the surgery I could look at most written material close up without reading glasses....now I require reading glasses. My quality of life in general since the surgery, I would regard as more comfortable, especially if you know how your glasses get messed up on humid and rainy days. Good luck on your decision...
newsphotohi-at-hawaii.rr.com.43413.43409
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

You my find this interesting. Go to this site:
www.centershot.com and scroll all the way to the bottom, where you will find information about Lasik.