HELP ! looking for a place to shoot and study in Europe

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

W.A

HELP ! looking for a place to shoot and study in Europe

Post by W.A »

Hi everyone,
I need help finding a place where I can practice smallbore and air rifle, but at the same time it has to be located close to a university where I can pursue my masters degree. I could relocate to any country but with preference to Europe. So if there are any clubs, shooting federations, universities or regular people out there willing to help me out...I would appreciate it. I shoot for a national team in south america and looking into practicing on daily basis.
Hope to get some information.
Thanks,
WA

wlao-at-Hotmail.com.43116.0
Steve T

Munich

Post by Steve T »

There are at least a couple of universities in Munich. There are also several clubs and venues to shoot. I don't have details, but that is where I would start my search.
raub

Re: HELP ! looking for a place to shoot and study in Europe

Post by raub »

Hi
next to soccer shooting is the most popular sport in Germany. Nearly every small town has a shooting club and every university town has one for shure. but the problems are:
1. New gun lawsince 4 months. You should have minor problems with air pistols/rifles (energy less then 7.5 Joule)but make yourself really shure, but you will have problems with any firearms.
2. Shooting on a daily base is difficult. Usually clubs are open 2-3 times a week for some hours,.
3. You have to store your gun in a safe.etc.etc
I´ve been a post doc in Australia/Sydney after they changed the gun laws and I will never ever take a gun (FWB P34)to another country again.
Raub

: Hi everyone,
: I need help finding a place where I can practice smallbore and air rifle, but at the same time it has to be located close to a university where I can pursue my masters degree. I could relocate to any country but with preference to Europe. So if there are any clubs, shooting federations, universities or regular people out there willing to help me out...I would appreciate it. I shoot for a national team in south america and looking into practicing on daily basis.
: Hope to get some information.
: Thanks,
: WA

uraub-at-web.de.43139.43116