Diana target pistols

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Hyoung

Diana target pistols

Post by Hyoung »

I'm wondering if anyone knows any websites to get new Diana target pistols like the 6G, 6M, or 10. Perhaps they were discontinued. If so, does anyone know if Diana has made other target pistols to replace those lines? Any comments would be helpful, Thanks in advance
GameD2k-at-aol.com.43036.0
Joe G.

Diana target pistols/second hand only.....

Post by Joe G. »

The model 10 was discontinued about ten years ago I would guess, the model 6 variations more recently in the last couple of years. At this point RWS (Diana) is not making any match pistols. They are selling a model 5G "magnum" which does not incorporate the Giss twin piston recoiless system. It is rated at 700 fps but achieved velocities in the mid-500's when tested. This would not be target pistol like the models you mentioned. They are also marketing a sporting pistol, the model 9. It is a spring pistol gun manufactured by the Spanish company Cometa. The discontinued models can sometimes be found second hand on Brad Troyer's American Airguns site (Airguns.net) or in the Airgun Ads classified monthly newspaper. You can contact Barry Abel for a free sample copy of Airgun Ads at: airgunads@bitteroot.net I bought a model 10 about 4 years ago and like it very much although it is a very large and heavy pistol. A buddy got one last year at the Damascus Md. airgun show. You can place a want ad on the classified section on Brad's site or in the Airgun Ads newspaper or better yet, in both. Good luck, Joe G.

Josephjfg-at-aol.com.43046.43036
Pete

Re: Diana target pistols

Post by Pete »

I was given a new Model 6M in 1982. In the UK they were labelled 'Original' rather than Diana. As I recall, the 6M had the same rotating barrel sleeve as the Model 10, but did not have the anatomical grips and had a less adjustable trigger.
The recoilless system used reciprocating pistons and worked extremely well, though it made it heavy (3 lbs), and build quality, in my view, was every bit as good as Feinwerkbau. In 1982 a 6M cost 62 UK pounds.

pewing-at-crieff.finix.uk.43103.43036