Rust Prevention - Opinions, TSI-301 vs. Rem-Oil, Breakfree e

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Frank H.

Rust Prevention - Opinions, TSI-301 vs. Rem-Oil, Breakfree e

Post by Frank H. »

I've had great luck using Rem-Oil and Breakfree to prevent rust on firearms, but now that I'm "in beyond the point of return" on airguns, I've found TSI-301, the claim to fame being no harm to seals etc.
It seems to do a great job cleaning (and maybe protecting) exterior surfaces, I know it's a great bore cleaner, it seems to not leave as oily of a surface as Rem-Oil or Breakfree... the literature says "prevents corrosion", but so does everything else...
Anybody have positive feedback re: TSI-301 for protecting the exterior of nice bluing, preventing rust etc? So far I really like the product, but I just got it in and don't have a long track record with it, opinions and feedback would be very welcome, thanks!
Frank H.
bestnet-at-mail.com.42980.0
tim broeke

Re: Rust Prevention - Opinions, TSI-301 vs. Rem-Oil, Breakfr

Post by tim broeke »

Ever heard of ballistol-Klever, SUPER for barrel and the metal work of my airgun, still as shiny as it was new, 3 years ago
and removes rust and solves lead particles, 50 ml costs 5 euro, about the same in dollars, 5.50 american dollar.
____-------------------------__________
Some tips from an airgun enthusiastic.

backstops hmm.

I even shoot in my own room, (im 16 years old) its about 5 meters but it works. to do this i have a backstop, made of carpet, just cut out pieces of 1 by 1 meter and take 4 big screws, i have a gamo mod. 610, 750 fps and that one wont come further than 5 layers, if i use prenatation pellets, so i have 7 layers, to be sure. a friend of mine even has a 1000 fps gun, and that one comes only 1 layer further, so its a perfect backstop, completely NO chanse of richochets. Good fun for indoor shooting, Its even very useful for self printed targets, just get a Tacker, or a ..... thing to keep a document together and nail them to the carpet..... yes, im not fron the usa, but u will get it, dont u?

next tip:

take together all ur old pellets, (already shot ones) and melt them using an old very big spoon, or a little Pan. make a formed base to pour the melted lead into, for example a wooden plate, with some stops at the sides, so you get a plate of lead. shooting at this will make a funny quite loud sound and the pellet will just dissapear in the lead, all that u will see is a little crater, here no richochets either

target tip:

from an old football game, which u must turn handles to make players kick a ball, get het players, saw away the iron tubes and put a wire through them, if hit they will spinn like hell becouse they are even balanced, the feets are just a little more heavy which will make them stand up straight after shooting.

little lousy english this time but u will figure out i guess.

Tim Broeke, Ikbentim.nl.tt
tim_broeke-at-hotmail.com.42982.42980
Randy Bimrose

Re: Rust Prevention - Opinions, TSI-301 vs. Rem-Oil, Breakfr

Post by Randy Bimrose »

You did not say what type of air gun you are using. It is most important if you are using a single stoke gun not to use anything except the factory lube for all functions, i.e. lube, cleaning and preservation to prevent migration of any other lube to the compression chamber which will result in dieseling and damage to the seals. You won't feel the diesel but it will happen. You'll know it in the later stages of damage by lower velociies or no compression at all if it gets to the edge of the seal.
barrelbender-at-earthlink.net.43006.42980
Frank H.

Thanks Randy! - PS, results of rust test, posted above, new

Post by Frank H. »

Thanks Randy, yes I use FWB grease if it's "anywhere within a mile" of SSP, and no solvents etc. Vital advice, thanks for the reminder on that, AND, I got off my hands and did another "what prevents rust" test, results posted above in new thread.
Frank H.

: You did not say what type of air gun you are using. It is most important if you are using a single stoke gun not to use anything except the factory lube for all functions, i.e. lube, cleaning and preservation to prevent migration of any other lube to the compression chamber which will result in dieseling and damage to the seals. You won't feel the diesel but it will happen. You'll know it in the later stages of damage by lower velociies or no compression at all if it gets to the edge of the seal.

bestnet-at-mail.com.43042.43006