Anschutz 2025 SLOW LEAKING air cylinder

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Roger Claunitzer

Anschutz 2025 SLOW LEAKING air cylinder

Post by Roger Claunitzer »

anyone know who could inspect and possibly repair the PCP compressed air cylinder from my 2025FT rifle. I can fill it and easily shoot but by following morning it's slowly leaked out. Any repairability to these cylinders??? for example a ruptured pressure releif valve internally, like scuba tanks have??? THANK YOU,THANK YOU.....
rogerclaunitzer-at-comcast.net.42969.0
David J

Re: Anschutz 2025 SLOW LEAKING air cylinder

Post by David J »

Just curious, are you unscrewing the cylinder from the gun after use? Our 2002ca was leaking while shooting and we replaced the oring on the stem that seals the cylinder. We found it had a small piece torn from it.
roger claunitzer

Post by roger claunitzer »

: Just curious, are you unscrewing the cylinder from the gun after use? Our 2002ca was leaking while shooting and we replaced the oring on the stem that seals the cylinder. We found it had a small piece torn from it.
Good question....yes, it will "leak" down when left screwed on the gun or totally removed and sitting on my desk

rogerclaunitzer-at-comcast.net.42984.42975
David J

Post by David J »

Try submerging the cylinder in water and looking for the leak source. You need to have some pressure in the cylinder of course. After you find the leak this should give you the evaluation on what to do from there. One might try talking to Pilkguns about any repair possibilities and If it was a repair I was not familiar with then I would opt for a new cylinder. For the record, new cylinders are not that expensive when you stop and think about the extreme pressures that the cylinder is holding.
roger claunitzer

Post by roger claunitzer »

:
: Try submerging the cylinder in water and looking for the leak source. You need to have some pressure in the cylinder of course. After you find the leak this should give you the evaluation on what to do from there. One might try talking to Pilkguns about any repair possibilities and If it was a repair I was not familiar with then I would opt for a new cylinder. For the record, new cylinders are not that expensive when you stop and think about the extreme pressures that the cylinder is holding.
I held it under water after filling...most obvious leak was from two pin-point holes that are at opposite ends of the cylinder, holes are "factory" placed holes. When I covered these with my fingers, a steady stream of bubbles then came from the seam between the threaded cap end and the body of the cylinder. No apparent leak at the seam between the built-in pressure guage and body. Any ideas???Thanks Roger

rogerclaunitzer-at-comcast.net.42990.42985
Randy Bimrose

Post by Randy Bimrose »

Call the host of this forum, Scott Pilkington, and he can tell you if it is repairable and if he has the parts on hand.
barrelbender-at-earthlink.net.43007.42969
David J

Post by David J »

I would contact Scott Pilkington and see about what to do about this confirmed leakage. One thing to remember is if the cylinder is over 5 years you might consider replacement. Good luck!!!