Morini 162EI short

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Rich

Morini 162EI short

Post by Rich »

I just bought the Morini 162 short and like the gun very much. I'm trying to adjust the grips, but the manual does not say much. Anyone has any experience with the Morini 162 short?
Rich
dobepinsch-at-aol.com.42960.0
Mako

The grips do not adjust ...

Post by Mako »

the electronics pretty much prevent adjustability ...
Check the Nygord Notes on grip fitting ...

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.42961.42960
PW

Re: The grips do not adjust ...

Post by PW »

Only adjustment with the E model is the palm shelf up and down (if the grip has it). No cant/rotation or anything like that. The M version does I believe.
: the electronics pretty much prevent adjustability ...
: Check the Nygord Notes on grip fitting ...

Clive Kay

Post by Clive Kay »

This is the biggest reason why I would not recommend this pistol. it is impossible to get anyone to make a custom grip due to the inletting . The trigger and mecahnics are A1 but if you cannot make it fit you ....
The Steyr,Walther or the Sam are much better bets at being able to set them up to give yourself a chance..
I do not understand Morini as they have had the same design for ages and to make the grip adjustable is so easy by using a flexible cable from the electronics to the trigger mechanism.....
I'm sure someone else will get it eventually...
clive-at-clivekay.com.42964.42962
John (SWE)

Post by John (SWE) »

: Only adjustment with the E model is the palm shelf up and down (if the grip has it). No cant/rotation or anything like that. The M version does I believe.

Yes, that's correct. I own a Morini 162MI; the trigger is great, and the grip is fully adjustable. Never understood what difference the electronic trigger is supposed to make?
/John