IZH 46M Air Pistol

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jerry

IZH 46M Air Pistol

Post by Jerry »

Anyone shooting one of these in competition--is it a viable gun to use, how is the cocking effort- accuracy- any info that you would care to share.
Jerry
nthe10ring-at-aol.com.42896.0
Alexey

Re: IZH 46M Air Pistol

Post by Alexey »

: Anyone shooting one of these in competition--is it a viable gun to use, how is the cocking effort- accuracy- any info that you would care to share.
: Jerry
Dear Jerry,
This gun is by far the best quality/price ratio on the market. All this has been exhaustively discussed on this board. Try the TT Archives.
Best regards, Alexey
alexey931-at-list.ru.42900.42896
Rudy Smith

Post by Rudy Smith »

They are very popular and excellent guns. I've had the pleasure of handling these fine guns, and for the money, there is nothing better. I believe it's important to insist on the "M" model, as it has fires the pellet with higher velocity.
Rodm

Post by Rodm »

I would make that a you might want rather than important. The small difference in velocity doesn't make any difference in a well excutited shot and still doesn't have the velocity to cut clean holes in any target. The M also is a little more muzzle heavy. My 2 cents.
Rodm
: They are very popular and excellent guns. I've had the pleasure of handling these fine guns, and for the money, there is nothing better. I believe it's important to insist on the "M" model, as it has fires the pellet with higher velocity.

ramadsen-at-iname.com.42913.42906
Norm

Post by Norm »

An excellent gun with a decent, very adjustable trigger. Your grip will be inside the clunky block of wood they ship with the pistol, you just need to carve away everything that isn't your grip. Cocking effort is fairly low, my 13 YO daughter does it easily. Several widths of front & rear sights come with it. Finger adjustable for el & az (windage).
I like it.
Norm

nglitz-at-optonline.net.42923.42896
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

: Anyone shooting one of these in competition--is it a viable gun to use, how is the cocking effort- accuracy- any info that you would care to share.
: Jerry

I have had , in the past a FWB 65 Mark II, which, unfortunately I sold some time ago. I was wondering if the Izzy would be more competative than another 65. I have seen several at not to bad of a price, although still higher than a new IZY. I know the fit and finish is heads above the russian stuff, but performance is what im after, especially a good trigger, the grips are no problem, ive been working and carving wood for years, and will probably make a set to fit me, out of some nice exotics that i have. thanks in advance for any info.
Jerry

nthe10ring-at-aol.com.42927.42896