shooting jacket and gloves purpose?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

kent

shooting jacket and gloves purpose?

Post by kent »

Everyone, what exactly is the purpose of the jacket & glove? I assume it may be to help control the wobble factor. Does it help with the group size significantly? For the average shooter is it worth the investment. tia,
Kent
Don

Re: shooting jacket and gloves purpose?

Post by Don »

: Everyone, what exactly is the purpose of the jacket & glove? I assume it may be to help control the wobble factor. Does it help with the group size significantly? For the average shooter is it worth the investment. tia,
: Kent
Kent: If only the high level shooters used the clothing, and 'average' shooters didn't, there would soon be no high level shooters. In other words, the clothing helps anyone to score better. The clothing, in general, is to help stabilize the position, keep the pulse beat from transmitting to the rifle, for protection, etc. If you are looking at buying clothing, I would go for the off the shelf stuff rather than the custom built stuff, at least to begin with. The average shooter will see some gain in position stability and score, but only after figuring out how to adjust things, and accomodate the stiffness, etc. Hope this helps.
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

Kent, the only purpose is to up the scores, which the stiff clothes do. : : Everyone, what exactly is the purpose of the jacket & glove? I assume it may be to help control the wobble factor. Does it help with the group size significantly? For the average shooter is it worth the investment. tia,
: : Kent
: Kent: If only the high level shooters used the clothing, and 'average' shooters didn't, there would soon be no high level shooters. In other words, the clothing helps anyone to score better. The clothing, in general, is to help stabilize the position, keep the pulse beat from transmitting to the rifle, for protection, etc. If you are looking at buying clothing, I would go for the off the shelf stuff rather than the custom built stuff, at least to begin with. The average shooter will see some gain in position stability and score, but only after figuring out how to adjust things, and accomodate the stiffness, etc. Hope this helps.

Ken J

Post by Ken J »

Kent,
The jacket and pants help the shooter by giving some back support in standing. You see the caption "sport for life" under many claims of the shooting culture. If I were to never have shot with the pants and jacket, I can tell you that I would not be competing today. Because of the course of fire, the jacket and pants are a necessity. Of course, if you prefer to shoot only 10 or 20 shots in a row, you will not feel the need for the added support. However, try shooting 60 shots standing without them. It will turn you into a true beleiver.
So, the question: Do you need them? Well, that all depends on what you want to do with the sport. If you plan on training and getting better, that will require time in position. If you spend much time in position, medically, you should use a jacket and pants. If you prefer to be a recreational shooter and simply enjoy the sport for it's own sake (and feel not a twinge of competitiveness), shoot without the garb (an old friend of mine calls the outfit, "Cast iron britches and a straight jacket!")
Ken J
Kaasba Gloves Industries

Re: shooting gloves

Post by Kaasba Gloves Industries »

Dear Sir,

We are pleased to introduce ourself as a Manufacturers of Gloves.
Such as: In-Line Skater Paintball Pod Packs Body Protecter and Gloves.

We are supplying to our customers all over the Europe and U.S.A market.

In this connection we offering you our products made by our long
Experience and skill with competitive prices.
We request you if you are importing these items. please give us a chance
to see our ibility to your satisfaction and ask for free samples if you agree
to pay its fair. which will be send immediately at your address.
Your own models or sketches most welcom for counter samples.

In the meanwhile we remain and hear from you good news very soon.

Thanking you in advance and regards.

Kashif......(Mr.)

KAASBA GLOVES INDUSTRIES
Boghra, Barkat Street Post Office Fateh Garh,
Sialkot (Pakistan)
Tel: +92 432 255715
Fax: +92 432 559251
mailto:kaasba@brain.net.pk
http://www.kaasbaind.com
kaasba-at-brain.net.pk.43028.42417