Grips from Andrew

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mikeyj

Grips from Andrew

Post by mikeyj »

I bought a TOZ with uncarved grips a few months ago, and I've been slowly refining the grips since then. The fit is good, but they're pretty heavy. I noticed that TargetTalk member Andrew Berryhill was now making and selling 3D printed custom grips for it through his PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com so I contacted Andrew and ordered a set that arrived last Friday.

Right out of the box they were a very good fit, requiring only a little smoothing in some areas and one bit of rasping to reshape the area where the grip met my first knuckle on my index finger. Andrew offered to reprint the grips but I just used a rasp, sandpaper, and epoxy-wood putty.

I took the newly regripped TOZ out to the range yesterday, and while my 50 meter scores look nothing like my 10 meter air pistol scores, the grips were completely satisfactory. They're much lighter than wood grips and I could basically forget about them while I was shooting and concentrate on sights and trigger.

At the price he asks, and given that Andrew will make sure you're happy with them, I think they're an excellent deal.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (232.29 KiB) Viewed 981 times
Jake

Re: Grips from Andrew

Post by Jake »

I had Andrew replicate my personalized Pardini K10 grips to fit my SP. He scanned a 3D image and superimposed and reshaped them to fit the SP. They came out nearly perfect! A little shaping and fitting with a file was needed, but nothing major. Andrew answered every email almost immediately and kept me in the loop through the whole process. I hope to have him make me a Toz grip soo . Another very satisfied customer, especially considering the price he charges!
CraigB5940

Post by CraigB5940 »

I could copy the previous post and plug in my two guns instead! I had the same great experience!
He did a very good fit and service, he did a Morini 162E1 grip transfer to my new Styer LP10E. It's making my transition to the Styer easier!

The Toz grip is the real test of getting it right! I know how tough they are, I coaxed mine out of the rough factory blocks!

Also, I had good luck staining my wood composite grip with a mix of brown and walnut an blood red alcohol based wood stains to coax some modest brown color into the grip. It now looks more like wood and less like a piece of white chocolate! I had to change the color, the LP10 E is the silver version and it screamed for some contrast on the grip, black would have worked too. Even if I could not stain it, I'm function over appearance oriented, the stock wood composite color would have been tolerable.
Craig B
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

Thank you gentlemen for your kind endorsement of my new undertaking. It was a pleasure making a grip for you and I appreciate your patience as we worked through getting you just the grips you wanted. I still have got a lot to learn and look forward to continuing to serve the great crew that gathers here at TargetTalk.org.

Andrew

PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com

Precision Grips for All Hands and Most Guns