Anyone Put a Rink Grip on a Walther LP400?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Scrench

Re: Anyone Put a Rink Grip on a Walther LP400?

Post by Scrench »

If I grip my LP400 with what feels most natural, pointing at the floor, eyes closed, then raise it to shoulder level as if aiming at a target, then open my eyes, the front sight blade is left of the rear, the barrel is tilted left. This happens with my Izzy 46, and did it on my Steyr LP10, but with that gun I could adjust it out, although the grip looked like it was way off center. From what you are saying this would make me a candidate for the 7 degree angle, but since grips can be rotated, does it make any difference whether that angle is taken out by rotating the grip or getting the 7 degree fix? I'm thinking the 7 degree is preferable, then it can be fine tuned by rotating the grip.
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

I just tried it again, same results, but then inserted a small piece of wood between the back bottom of my palm and the bottom of the thumb rest. It did make a difference and straightened out the gun somewhat. But, I notice one other disturbing issue when doing the "blind" test, when I think I've got the gun pointed straight at the target, I open my eyes and the front of the gun is higher then the back. From my perspective the rear blade is lined up with the loading port. I seem to remember the same problem with the Steyr, that I also adjusted out with that grip, and clearly see the need for fully adjustable grips such as the Walther's 3D. That, or playing guitar for 40+ years has really screwed up my anatomy. Anybody else have these problems?
therider

Post by therider »

your guitar did not screw up anything! :-)

I have the same problem. Unless I twist my wrist to the right, the front side is always to the left if I have the grip in the neutral position. That is why i will never buy a pistol without an adjustable grip.

I've never understood why, but owering the palm-rest moves the front sight back towards the centre.
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

therider,

Can't explain that one, other then since the bottom of your palm when held vertical (actually the right side of your hand if right handed) is not flat, so maybe when it contacts the flat palm shelf, it's pushing your whole hand out of alignment. Never thought about this one, just know I can't live without a palm shelf. Anybody else?