Where to buy 10m AP targets?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CWB

Where to buy 10m AP targets?

Post by CWB »

Hi all,

A question for those of you in the UK - where do you buy your 'official' 10m paper targets from? I have been using Bisley targets for practice as I can get them cheap from the local gun shop, but they have slightly different dimensions to the real thing. Obviously affordable cost, 'clean' holes and being recognised as official targets for things like postal comps would be a bonus.

Thanks,
Chris
Wynne G Oldman

Re: Where to buy 10m AP targets?

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Be careful, check with the organiser of the postal competition which targets they will accept.
bruce

Post by bruce »

If it's for NSRA competitions, they will only accept their own targets. http://www.nsrashop.co.uk/products/nsra ... rgets]link
CWB

Post by CWB »

Thanks folks, I might give NSRA a call then to see what prices are like on smaller quantities and how that compares to Krüger's international shipping costs.

Chris
PhatMan

Post by PhatMan »

Chris,

I bought my ISSF 10m AP pistol targets direct from Krueger in Germany. It was a very easy process.

The cost, including postage for 1000 10m AP targets, and 1000 plain 'targets' was 75.81 Euro, which works out at ca. 3p each.

(the 10m AP targets were 24.87 Euro/1000, the plain targets were 4.96 Euro/250, and postage was 19 Euro).

Have fun :)

Best regards

Russ
CWB

Post by CWB »

Cheers Russ, based on that pricing/shipping Krueger look cheaper so I will probably go that route and order a few hundred.

Much appreciated! :)
Chris
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

CWB wrote:Cheers Russ, based on that pricing/shipping Krueger look cheaper so I will probably go that route and order a few hundred.
If you're only ordering in such small quantities, i.e. less than 1000, then I think the unit price goes up by approximately 50%.
CWB

Post by CWB »

Thanks David, I had a look on their website and even with the quantities based on multiples of hundreds it stills looks cheaper than fractions of NSRA's pack of 3000. I'll double-check but even with shipping it looks quite reasonable. :)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

One thing I would add, Kruger are a delight to deal with.
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

I usually buy 4,000 10M Air Pistol targets at a time from Kruger. Shipping to the UK is around 24 EUR. The last time I ordered 1,000 shipping was around 16 EUR.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
CWB

Post by CWB »

A daft question that I'll probably be able to answer myself when the next email appears, but how does one pay for Krueger targets? I was expecting a typical online shop, e.g. add items to cart, total is calculated, provide payment and shipping details, items are sent out for delivery. Instead they have accepted my order and I assume are now calculating the postage, but through what method do you actually pay?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I normally just do an electronic transfer once I receive the proforma invoice.
CWB

Post by CWB »

Ta, not quite as simple as Amazon then. ;)

Glad I'm not missing something obvious, cheers.
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

I usually call them and pay with a card.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
CWB

Post by CWB »

Thanks for the Krueger recommendations; my targets arrived safely this morning. As you said David, they were very pleasant to deal with and I even got to use my GCSE German when phoning them to make payment.

The black circle of these official targets is 2.89mm smaller than the Bisley targets I've been practising with up until now, so I expect my scores are about to drop, but at least I'm practising with the right stuff now.

Cheers,
Chris