Styer Lp10 cylinder thread size anyone?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CraigB5940

Styer Lp10 cylinder thread size anyone?

Post by CraigB5940 »

I think it is 11mm and ?? pitch My metric thread covers 10MM and 12MM threads but not 11MM for some strange reason and so do a lot of gauges that are on the marked (not all). I want to buy the correct tap to make a thread protector (it is vented) for my fill adapter-I leave it in my Scuba tank (strapped to shop wall) all the time between tank fills to save time on the AP cylinder fills.

I made one for my Morini Adapter with no problem because my thread gauge fit the Morini adapter. Now the LP is the new dog in the house and getting all the fills during her shakedown trials.
Craig B
Andre

Re: Styer Lp10 cylinder thread size anyone?

Post by Andre »

M11 comes in two standard pitches (or, "leads") 1mm and 1.5mm between the V's of the thread form. Use a ruler to determine thread pitch. 1mm = ~0.040", 1.5mm = ~0.060" and 1/16" is 0.0625". Measure from one V to another, if it's 1/16" between them you have a 1.5mm pitch, and if it's less you have a 1mm pitch. Or if you have a metric ruler or scale, even easier.

I do have an LP10, when I'm back out in the shop I'll measure it in case it's a non standard thread.
CraigB5940

Post by CraigB5940 »

Thanks,
I'll try the pitch measurement. That makes sense.
Craig B
Andre

Post by Andre »

I don't have a metric thread pitch gauge, but I do have a Starrett metric scale. 11x1.5mm pitch on the dot.
CraigB5940

Post by CraigB5940 »

Thanks, I got the same measurement this morning v to v and I ordered a tap from ebay.
Craig B