Front sight colors

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
les greevy

Front sight colors

Post by les greevy »

In Sport Pistol and Rapid Fire with a center hold what front sight colors give the best contrast?
Thanks
Les
Rover

Re: Front sight colors

Post by Rover »

Green is the color most visible to the eye ( a proof we are descended from arboreal animals), but I don't know of a single person using anything but black.
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

I used a bright orange color on my MG2. I painted a white sticker so i could remove it easily and with the white background the orange is much brighter. I you want it more brighter you can apply a white sticker below the orange color wich reflects the light on the orange paint. Good luck!!
dronning

Post by dronning »

I dipped a toothpick in white ink and drew a vertical line on my front sight - it's about 1/6 the width of the sight. This really keeps my focus from drifting away and it also helps because my preferred aiming point is center mass.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Erich Buljung always said, "You can ignore a white dot on your front sight just as easily as you're already ignoring the front sight."

I did some experimenting with Tim Kraft maybe 15 years or so ago with various shades of grey, but always came back to Erich's words of wisdom. I don't even use sight black on anything (and I shoot everything from all 5 international pisol events, to bullseye, to service rifle).

Search for a post from "BEA" on this forum about "critical vision". Ben tells it like it is regarding front sight focus.
Gort

Post by Gort »

For over one hundred years people have been experimenting with different sight configurations and colors. I have seen dozens of the new revolutionary sight to make all others obsolete, come and go. Some do not want to accept that the all black patridge (conventional) handgun sight is the best fit for human visual and brain physiology. Gort