LP400 cylinder problems

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

gn303

LP400 cylinder problems

Post by gn303 »

I offered my wife a new Walther LP400. It arrived well before Xmas but… It seems that for transport the cylinder has to be empty. When I tried to fill it from my diving tank the cylinder was leaking on the side of the manometer. One of my shooting friends warned me for leaking cylinders on the LP400. He had the problem when buying his from an official Walther dealer on a gun show. But this was more than a year ago! So I hoped that the problem would have been solved, not so! I'm somewhat surprised that this happens with product from a German company, rather well known for its products. Where Germany was at the basis of reducing the validation time to 10 years for air-cylinders.
I contacted the German (!) firm and the dealer was immediately prepared to replace the cylinder. My guess is that the dealers are aware of the problem.
In the end everthing will be OK, but it is a hassle that you don't expect.

I hope this information is of some help to other shooters who intent to buy a LP400.

A side of that: a great Holiday Season to all and a successful 2016!

Guy
Rover

Re: LP400 cylinder problems

Post by Rover »

I'm sure Ulrich will be along to offer personal condolences, but you shoulda got a SSP.

(Sorry, Guy.)
gn303

Post by gn303 »

No need for Ulrich. I got her flowers for Christmas and I will offer her a working LP for New Year! After all 'slauer sein, Walther schiessen' is the slogan.

Regards,
Guy
gn303

Post by gn303 »

LP400: end of the story.
The dealer (Fa.Keuchen from Aachen) replaced the cylinder (free of charge, he even participated in the return cost!) and sent the defective one back to Walther, asking Walther if they didn’t test the cylinders before leaving the factory?
I doubt he will get an answer.
Anyway, all well what ends well. And thanks to Mr. Keuchen for his understanding.
It's now up to my wife to get the best out of the gun ;-) ! Probably the hardest part.

Best regards to all.

Guy