Buying first target pistol; have a few questions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jmdavis

Re: Buying first target pistol; have a few questions

Post by jmdavis »

If you are in Norfolk, VA, look into Lafayette Shooting Club in Yorktown. They have an active bullseye program and league. I shoot both a Pardini SP (older Nygord model) and an MP90. With Euro ammo, the Pardini is rock solid reliable. The MP90 will shoot CCI std, but it too has its best reliability with Euro ammo.

Norfolk County Rifle Range also has bullseye and will host a sectional at the end of February. They both have websites.

For 2700 competition, you will have to travel to NC, MD, or Richmond.

Mike Davis
adrianS

Post by adrianS »

JamesH wrote:If it were my pick I'd choose the Pardini over the Benelli, they're similar but I went with the Pardini.

The RF is only an advantage for Olympic Rapid Fire, otherwise its no advantage, gets a bit dirtier and I guess we will see if all the lightening of the bolt causes any longevity issues.

The grip angle is not adjustable, there are issues with the trigger - as it comes from the factory its a good two stage trigger with a short second stage. Other trigger setups cause issues - inadequate sear engagement can cause the sear to become damaged, using the ball-spring screw to create a long second stage can give inconsistencies, the trigger return spring is sometimes not very strong.
Thanks for the info about the trigger, I'll make sure to keep this in mind. I like the support Pardini has in the US and am strongly consider it for that reason.
adrianS

Post by adrianS »

jmdavis wrote:If you are in Norfolk, VA, look into Lafayette Shooting Club in Yorktown.

Mike Davis
I'm in Washington state, but thanks for the info about ammo needs for both. I have a few cases of SK std plus..
Rover

Post by Rover »

Mike Davis[/quote]

I'm in Washington state, but thanks for the info about ammo needs for both. I have a few cases of SK std plus..[/quote]

Then you want the Wildlife Committee of Washington, at least for advice.
adrianS

Post by adrianS »

I just read their schedule. I knew matches were shot there, but I had no idea they're the place in the area for most held international style matches. Looks like a lot of fun. Great, yet humbling, fun. I'll loiter and ask questions a bit when there's a shoot. Thanks.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Tell Vic Alvarez I said, "Hi."

You would be a not happy camper if you don't get into Air Pistol with them; lots of records shot there.
adrianS

Post by adrianS »

Will do! I'd like to check out their airpistol league as well.