alpha proj air pistol at odcmp

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
spartacus

alpha proj air pistol at odcmp

Post by spartacus »

Any pro or con on this pistol.

Thanks
GaryN

Re: alpha proj air pistol at odcmp

Post by GaryN »

I guess they are trying to lower the entry point for AP shooters.
BUT, IMHO, an ambidextrous grip is a real handicap, compared to a dedicated RH or LH grip. To me, an ambi grip is NEITHER right-hand nor left-hand. And you do not have an adjustable palm shelf, which I find to be important.

Personally, I would get a used tier1 CA or CO2 pistol for a slightly higher price, rather than that.
Call up Scott at Pilkingtons, I got my used AP from him (a Walther CPM-1), and I've been very happy with it. I have not been able to shoot anywhere near the potential of my Walther.
yana

Post by yana »

They're available with r/h grips as well
They're nice entry pistols, but imo, ónly in co2.
Even with reg, the nr of shots in pcp trim is very limited and not all are good shots
Besides that, its VERY light upfront
The grip is pencil thin, trigger is limited adjustable
Even in co2 trim, I very much prefer the Tau 7
Rover

Post by Rover »

I feel you would not be happy with this gun. You could pick up a used FWB 65 for a low price that would give you much satisfaction. They are high quality, accurate, and far easier to shoot well than many on here who have not tried one would believe. A SSP or CO2 gun would also be great.
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

Stop telling everyone about the FWB 65. I am looking for one (mainly because of the trigger switch) to use for bullseye practice and they are getting rare. :-)
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

jmdavis wrote:Stop telling everyone about the FWB 65. I am looking for one (mainly because of the trigger switch) to use for bullseye practice and they are getting rare. :-)
The large and heavy FWB65 springer is consistent and accurate, but IMO the FAS 6004 SSP [or earlier 604] would be a far better match ergonomically to a bullseye pistol.