10M Air Pistol/Air Rifle Shooting Near Williamsburg, VA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ctaney

10M Air Pistol/Air Rifle Shooting Near Williamsburg, VA

Post by ctaney »

Hello,
I recently moved to Williamsburg, VA, and am looking for 10m air pistol and rifle ranges in the general area. I would appreciate any information on air ranges for adults in the Richmond, Williamsburg, and Tidewater Virginia areas. Thank you.
Regards,
Chuck
chuckjordan

Re: 10M Air Pistol/Air Rifle Shooting Near Williamsburg, VA

Post by chuckjordan »

Layfayette GC (Newport news?) used to have them, haven't had emails from their MD in 3 years. You could search and see if they still shoot (it was an early - like 7am - start time).

Richmond VA MD (match director) had a local Moose club, held a few regionals here. BTW, I'm in this area.

Only regular matches are:
- Annapolis MD (Maryland) at the Fourth (?) Precinct GC. Check their website
- Fairfax VA has matches, however, only for HS (high school/college students)

Chuck
Last edited by chuckjordan on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kle

Post by kle »

http://www.fxrgc.org/ - Fairfax Rod & Gun Club in Manassas, VA hosts Air Pistol (indoors) and Freepistol (outdoors, weather and interest depending) matches on the 2nd Saturday of every month from November 'til March. Match Director George Harris: 703-680-1067 / handlebargbh@verizon.net

http://www.twelfthprecinct.org/pistol.htm - Twelfth Precinct in Harwood, MD hosts Air Pistol (indoors) and Freepistol (outdoors, weather and interest depending) matches on the 3rd Sunday of every month from September 'til April. Match Director Kathy Callahan: 410-266-5438 / kathy@usna.edu
Last edited by kle on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctaney

Post by ctaney »

Thank you both
DonB

Post by DonB »

Chuck & Chuck. I too live in Richmond/Williamsburg area and would be interested in anything local as well...perhaps if we can find a few more we can get something started.

Don
ctaney

Post by ctaney »

Sounds good to me.
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

There is talk of running some air pistol matches at Rivanna in Charlottesville. This is obviously more for the Richmond and west crowd.

I will keep the topic updated if this comes about.
montster

Post by montster »

Another interested Richmond area shooter.
chuckjordan

Post by chuckjordan »

I heard the Rivanna AP shoot was/planned weekday afternoons? I work 8am-5pm and no way could I make it there in time. Would be great if Colonial started an AP league....

And Montster, good to see you posting. Hope the family is good.

Chuck
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

It's not air pistol, but we hold an indoor 22 bullseye league at Rivana in Charlottesville on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays and a coached practice on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays. If any of the Richmonders are interested, contact me and we will try to work some things out.

I have shot the AP exclusively before for coached practice so that is a definite option. Just some things for locals to think about.
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

ChuckJordan I don't know for sure but I don't think that is correct. There were some people who are going to Fairfax who are interested as well and they work. I also think that some members of the UVa Pistol team are interested. I will check and get back to you.
kle

Post by kle »

chuckjordan wrote:Only regular matches are:
- Annapolis MD (Maryland) at the Fourth (?) Precinct GC. Check their website
- Fairfax VA has matches, however, only for HS (high school/college students)

Chuck
jmdavis wrote:ChuckJordan I don't know for sure but I don't think that is correct. There were some people who are going to Fairfax who are interested as well and they work. I also think that some members of the UVa Pistol team are interested. I will check and get back to you.
I think Chuck is referring to the Robinson Secondary School Rifle Team/Acorns Juniors kids who shoot smallbore/air-rifle at the NRA Headquarters Range in Fairfax, VA on some Sunday evenings.

The other thing Chuck is referring to is Twelfth Precinct in Harwood, MD, which hosts an open air pistol/freepistol match every 3rd Sunday.

And there's Fairfax Rod & Gun Club in Manassas, VA, which hosts an open air pistol/freepistol match every 2nd Saturday.