Planning to buy a new .22 sport pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dipnet

Re: Planning to buy a new .22 sport pistol

Post by Dipnet »

Ditto on the Pardini.

I have the SPBE model that converts between the 22 and 32 and it has become one of my most prized possessions; a truly refined shooting instrument. I enjoy it every time I pull it out for dry fire practice, range time, or a match, and oddly, I'm shooting the 32 ACP better than the 22 right now. Any firearm can fail to function if not maintained, especially target firearms where tolerances are exact. The Pardini is designed for user maintenance and there is considerable information about this from other shooters. Lastly, support in the U.S. is simply the best.

Do yourself a favor: buy one and you won't look back. Ciao bang, dipnet
J R

Post by J R »

CamelNL wrote:Thank you. Is there also a way to indentify you got the latest model? Some shops are selling the pistol but i know for sure they got it in there for a while.
My SP RF, reads "MOD. SP CAL.22 L.R. - 2014" on right side of the frame. One might assume that 2014 is year of manufacture as this pistol was bough new early 2015. Markings on the pistol may be different according to market area.
Murph

Post by Murph »

Pardini SP....trigger is adjustable to exactly what you want.......super easy to service and clean......can digest all types of ammo reliably......and the track record speaks for itself.

My opinion is 100% to get a Pardini. You will never look back or regret a Pardini.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

jerber wrote:Another pistol that you may want to look into is the Benelli mp90
I don't have as much experience with other pistols but really like my mp90
Just a thought
I have both a Pardini & a Benelli. My daughter has commandeered my old MP90S, and I just bought a 2nd one used. I've been shooting the Pardini for several years, and never really felt I shot it as well as the Benelli. After several months away from shooting, I briefly sighted in the Benell & set up the trigger to my liking. My first trip to the range after that was rewarded with a string of eight 10's in a row (slow fire) right off the bat. I don't know if I've EVER done that with the Pardini.

For some reason (weight, balance, grip, sights, etc.) the Benelli just suits me better. I really LIKE the design of the Pardini better, but that doesn't mean it shoots as well for me.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Mine says on right side of frame: "MOD SP CAL 22LR - 2014." Over the magazine compartment, the model name "BULLSEYE" appears. I bought mine in 2014 and I have seen the same model ending in 2015, so I suspect they number them by year and the one Murph bought in early 2015 came from the 2014 manufacture. Standard SP or Rapid Fire models do not have the word Bullseye and the differences between those two pistols is the weight of the bolt (lighter in Rapid Fire). Neither of those models is convertible to 32 ACP either. So, if the pistol looks like this one, but does not have "BULLSEYE" or "RAPID FIRE" on the right side, it is the standard SP. Both the standard SP and Rapid Fire versions have the option of coming with electric triggers (more to break in my opinion).

Early configurations of Pardini SPs do not have the same blocky barrel shroud configuration (which houses six steel or tungsten rods for recoil abatement). One earlier model had four recoil rods and the model before that had none. Dipnet
Attachments
Pardini SP Bullseye 1.jpg
Mr_Ree

Post by Mr_Ree »

Where in the US can Match Guns (viz. MG2)be found? Who imports them?
Mr_Ree

Post by Mr_Ree »

Rover wrote:First, I would consider finding a good pistolsmith.
That's a real concern to me ;-)
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

There is no need for concern or a gunsmith, however you do need a degree of mechanical experience and an even greater degree of common sense in order to read and understand the trigger adjustment instructions provided with the MG2.
If anyone lacks these qualities I would suggest they will be out of their depth with a Matchgun.