Morini 162 EI Trigger Shoe

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

Re: Morini 162 EI Trigger Shoe

Post by Gwhite »

That's about the right size. Plug one of those in each end of a tube, and attach an "axle" to a clamp for the dovetail on top, and off you go. The hard part may be finding room for the clamp while still having enough length for the roller section. You may have to rig the clamp in front of or behind the roller section. The other issue I see is that the axle may be thin enough to flex a bit, which may or may not be a distraction.

I'll add it to my list of projects...
fverhoeven

Post by fverhoeven »

Hello David,

What is the width of the Interprodukter trigger?

Thanks and best regards,

Frits
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

fverhoeven wrote:Hello David,
What is the width of the Interprodukter trigger?
Thanks and best regards,
Frits
Hi Frits

10mm

David
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

Those look like ball bearings for R/C car transmissions and differentials and axels.
fverhoeven

Post by fverhoeven »

Hello David,

Thanks.

Best regards,

Frits
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Very similar trigger our grandson is using on a Steyr LP2 (also available for Morini and FWB.):

http://www.mec-shot.de/en/products/acce ... rs/putter/

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Ce ... r-469.html
Attachments
image.png
image.png (47.16 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

m1963 wrote:Very similar trigger our grandson is using on a Steyr LP2 (also available for Morini and FWB.
Apart from the bottom half of the trigger being reasonably flat (and the mounting dovetail), in what way is it similar to any of the other triggers being discussed.

It is different from them all, but might suit some people.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Although we agree that every trigger in this thread is different from the other, the Centra Putter is a very flat trigger that is similar to, or mimics, the stick triggers shown in this thread. Additionally, the trigger is available to those of us who do not have the knowledge, skills, or ability to design, build, and create one on our own. Unique to this trigger is the fact that it offers a wider than normal, grooved, surface on which the shooter can choose the specific placement of their finger during firing.

Coys!
Cheers!
therider

Post by therider »

This exactly the opposite of Roger's trigger David was talking about! There you have one single position with your finger....always the same!
Gort

Post by Gort »

There are two schools of thought on this. One is, the trigger should place your finger in the same place every time. The other, which I believe is correct, the shooter places the trigger finger where it naturally lies on the trigger shoe. For me, my trigger finger lays toward the bottom of the trigger shoe crossing it at about 15 degrees out of square. This is my "natural trigger finger placement" (NTFP) ;). The stick type allows me to do this, rather than a trigger placing my finger where it wants. Isn't that why we fit grips rather than adapt our hand to the factory contour?
Gort
Gort

Post by Gort »

Per GWhites suggestion, I made a prototype roller stick trigger. It has two ball bearings 3mmIDx6mmODx2mmLG. A bit tricky to design for manufacture, I had to use a two piece double dovetail clamp. Used a 4-40 slotted screw until I can get a SHCS.I have not tried it yet, but soon. Gort
Attachments
IMG_0545.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Cool! Nice work!

I'm dying to know what you think of it in action.
therider

Post by therider »

Can't believe it works.
Instability problem!

I expect that you'll have snap problems and jerk the pistol to the left.

But I hope I am wrong and you found a way to "sell" points! :-)
rmca

Post by rmca »

Very impressive Gort!
Nice work!

I'm curious to see (read) how it works.

Keep us posted please!
Gort

Post by Gort »

First impressions of the roller stick trigger, are very good. It provides feedback if trigger finger placement is not perfect. This is apparent whether I am dry firing, staging or shooting. It also lets you know if trigger placement fore and aft is perfect, if not it wants to roll, again giving that feedback. When trigger finger placement and trigger placement are perfect, it acts like a solid trigger. For the advanced shooter it may be helpful to trigger finger and trigger placement. For the less proficient shooter, I think the feedback it gives may be very beneficial to trigger fundamentals.
On a personal note, when I struggle with my trigger control, I generally throw a shot to the left, 8 ring, I don't seem to be doing that right now with the roller trigger. It may just be new stuff syndrome, time will tell. Thanks to Mr. GWhite for the idea.
Gort
Attachments
IMG_0553.JPG