Isakov and Walther LP400

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
narayanan

Re: Isakov and Walther LP400

Post by narayanan »

isakov also has a custom grip on his lp 400. But shooter 90℅ weapon 10℅
django

Post by django »

my honest opinion Isakov shoot better with his old walther lp300. :)
97nick

Post by 97nick »

Europa wrote:97nick, my LP400 carbon (M grip) is less than 900g with an empty cylinder. The FWB could be more than 100g heavier (with a medium grip). Not a big deal to many shooters, but something to consider. Also, the LP400 trigger spring experimentation appears to have been resolved. I think the grip locking bolt might be more robust now as well (compared to earlier models); Ulrich may be able to confirm these updates?

I prefer to shoot a light pistol. The carbon is lighter than most AP's, while still retaining all the necessary professional functionality.
me too, I like a light pistol. going down to Bisley next month to have a fondle......
97nick

Post by 97nick »

Europa wrote:97nick, which pistol will you buy, FWB or Walther? I'm curious to know where your head's at with regard to this, because choosing a pro pistol is a big deal. I sweated for ages before buying mine (what if it's crap?). Having an emotional expectation about a purchase, followed by a delivery of the actual item are two, totally, different things. Anyone have any interesting experiences?
I really dont know yet, I shoot a Styer LP10, (an old one, absorber doesn't work any more so needs to be fully serviced)
what attracts me to the FWB is the angle of grip, trigger and barrel. (also its light)
the walther is a bit more straight through whit the trigger and barrel; if any of that makes sense!
also, the sight on both the Walther and FWB look great, Steyer sights really irritate me!
and yes I know you can adjust the grip :)
Attachments
wal.jpg
feinwerkbau_p44_4.jpg
j-team

Post by j-team »

97nick wrote: ... the sight on both the Walther and FWB look great, Steyer sights really irritate me!...
What is it about the Steyr sight that irritates you? The fact that the notch is adjustable for both width and depth? Or is it that you don't need a screwdriver or allen key to adjust the elevation and windage? Or maybe the ability to move it forward and aft to change the sight radius?

Yeah, those are pretty annoying features, it would be much better without them...

The Walther sight is nice, except for needing an allen key to adjust.

The FWB on the other hand... Looks like it was designed by a committee!
Europa

Post by Europa »

j-team, are you facetiously suggesting a gardening club committee?
therider

Post by therider »

j-team wrote:
97nick wrote: ... the sight on both the Walther and FWB look great, Steyer sights really irritate me!...
What is it about the Steyr sight that irritates you? The fact that the notch is adjustable for both width and depth? Or is it that you don't need a screwdriver or allen key to adjust the elevation and windage? Or maybe the ability to move it forward and aft to change the sight radius?

Yeah, those are pretty annoying features, it would be much better without them...

The Walther sight is nice, except for needing an allen key to adjust.

The FWB on the other hand... Looks like it was designed by a committee!
Ahahahah....i agreee.
Lp10 has one of the best sights on market!
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Hey guys.

Bit out there but I have access to a bus, do you guys want to line up and throw all of the pistol manufacturers under it as I drive past?

Walther first, obviously. Matchguns second. :D
Last edited by SamEEE on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

SamEEE wrote: Bit out there but I have access to a bus, do you guys want to line up and throw all of the pistol manufacturers under it as I drive past?
There's no need. All of the manufacturers are perfect and make perfect guns. That being the case, there's no reason to have any discussion about any guns in the future.
django

Post by django »

Light pistol work only on practice. In tournament with adrenaline rush you need heavier weapon. Trust me :)
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

django wrote:Light pistol work only on practice. In tournament with adrenaline rush you need heavier weapon. Trust me :)
A Scottish Claymore?
Europa

Post by Europa »

Isakov and Costa; it's great to see these "old-timers" giving the young up-starts a good thrashing during serious competitions.
pgmlml

Post by pgmlml »

HAHAHA! Did you know Costa won a LP 400 from Walther?! It was a raffle between the 3 first places at national championships, and Costa was the lucky one! He quickly sold it... I tried to buy it, but I was too late!

I miss the simplicity and construction of the Benelli Kite!

The cylinder and pistol threads on the LP400 are not steel! magnet does stick to it :/
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

pgmlml wrote: The cylinder and pistol threads on the LP400 are not steel! magnet does stick to it :/
Funnily enough, I was searching through old threads for information on lubricants and found that someone else had a "cylinder launch" a year ago.

Was also looking on a totally different site for filling adaptors and it seems that Walther used to use a much coarser thread. I did not see a reference to the LP400 so presume it was on earlier models. Why oh why did they change ;-(

I notice that Ulrich hasn't said anything about the stripped cylinder threads; strange.
Europa

Post by Europa »

David Levene, do you lie in bed each night hoping that the LP400 monster will not disturb your sleep? Also, you appear to claim significant knowledge about this particular pistol. Do you actually own a Walther LP400?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Europa wrote:David Levene, do you lie in bed each night hoping that the LP400 monster will not disturb your sleep? Also, you appear to claim significant knowledge about this particular pistol. Do you actually own a Walther LP400?
No, but when you're that close to a cylinder launch you tend to remember it.

"Significant" knowledge? I wouldn't say so and certainly don't claim so.
Europa

Post by Europa »

Spencer, I love your comment about the Scottish claymore. Yes, I can well imagine adrenaline rushing in all directions when the claymore found itself in full-speed swing.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Europa wrote:Spencer, I love your comment about the Scottish claymore. Yes, I can well imagine adrenaline rushing in all directions when the claymore found itself in full-speed swing.
Django wrote "... you need heavier weapon..."
In English, 'weapon' is a pejorative term, and should be avoided whenever discussing target firearms - the anti-gunners do well enough without us helping them.
Europa

Post by Europa »

97nick wrote:me too, I like a light pistol. going down to Bisley next month to have a fondle......
Fondled the Walther yet?
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

David Levene wrote:
pgmlml wrote: I notice that Ulrich hasn't said anything about the stripped cylinder threads; strange.
Not strange, simply a lack of time. To search through a thread like this one, which has not much to do with the original theme takes some time, and actually I've got only some minutes per day to look through several boards and helping some fellows, who have contacted me via private message. This here was purely coincidence, because the board marks this thred as "read", although it is on top of the list and contains obviously some new postings.

So, where can I help and which threads do I better avoid to read? ;)