Tired of cocking my F65, think I need a CO2 pistol.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
vonfilm

Tired of cocking my F65, think I need a CO2 pistol.

Post by vonfilm »

I have had a Feinwekbau F65 for about 20 years and while I love it, I would like to have something easier to shoot.

I am thinking a CO2 match pistol would be better for my needs and budget. I have quite a few other CO2 guns which I have modified to use small paintball tanks which I can fill locally for a small price. If I got a CO2 Olympic pistol I think I would purchase a 20 pound CO2 tank and the fittings to fill my paintball tanks and the proprietary pistol cylinders.

I would prefer to get one of the name brand CO2 pistols like. Walther, Steyr, Pardini or Feinwerkbau. I might consider other makes also. I would hope to have a pistol to last me another 20 years. I would like one in good functional condition and it does not have to appear as new.

Can I find something like this for less than $500 ? Where are the best places to look. I live in Austin, Texas. My primary use is for handgun training in my home range. I don't know that I would ever shoot a formal match.
rmca

Re: Tired of cocking my F65, think I need a CO2 pistol.

Post by rmca »

Browse the buy and sell part of this forum. They appear quite often.

Hope this helps
Rover

Post by Rover »

You can definately find a good one for your price. You will want a CO2 tank with a riser tube.

Put the ad in the classifieds here yourself. You might even get a trade for your FWB65.
vonfilm

Post by vonfilm »

Yesterday I enjoyed several hour of putting about 150 pellets through the F65. Unfortunately it lost its seal and will no longer expel a pellet from its' barrel.

Does anyone know where I can get my F65 repaired and seviced?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Pilk, but you'll have your new gun soon, right?
vonfilm

Post by vonfilm »

I am looking for a CO2 pistol, but I would like to fix the F65 also, if it is not too expensive.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Wow, someone beat Rover to it by answering this question first.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Right place at the right time...
Rover is getting old! ;)
vonfilm

Post by vonfilm »

I received a nice Feinwerkbau C25 yesterday. Last night I was able to fill it's two CO2 canisters with my newly acquired 20 pound siphon CO2 bottle. I bled off a few grams of extra CO2 with the included bleeder cap to get it's filled weight under 141 g. I tried it off a rest down my 10m hallway. Shooting quickly, as I did not have much time, the C25 produced a dime size group for 20 shots.

It also has a Nygord Turbo Comp installed and included the original sight. Also included were the CO2 fill adapter and wrench. I see that new CO2 canisters and seal kits are still available for this pistol.

I plan to take it to the club's 10m range tomorrow night for a long session.
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

I received a nice Feinwerkbau C25 yesterday.
These are excellent pistols. I had 2 :an earlier version and a later version with a ventilated barrel.
I bought a new canister from the egun.de site, (the seller addressed the package wrongly putting USA instead of UK, it went all the way to the US and back,eventually arrived at my address.)
The CO2 bottles last for ever.
Rover

Post by Rover »

A dime-sized group is HUGE for a C25; I know it will do better. Excellent CO2 choice, though.

To rmca: I have divested myself of these niggling problems...I just bought a Walther LPM1 (you KNOW how I love SSPs). Watch out world!
rmca

Post by rmca »

I'll hide behind my LP10... You can't hit me there! No SSP can!
vonfilm

Post by vonfilm »

I am sure the C25 can shoot better than I can.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

CO2? What is wrong with compressed air? Second hand these pistols are definitly not more expensive then CO2. Add to that the availebility of diving tanks and pumps to refill the pistol cylinder. Go for the CA if you get the opportunity.
Good luck.
Guy
218bee

Post by 218bee »

Von...PM sent

218bee
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I went from a Pardini K58 to a Walther CPM1.
The reason was tendonitis in my elbows made working the charging handle on the K58 difficult.
The Walther is a GREAT pistol.

As for CA vs CO2, if a CA LP1 was available at the time, I would have jumped on it. But timing being everything, I got the CPM1. No regrets. Well maybe one, the Walther's grip is BIG. It required a LOT of work to make it fit my smaller hand.
vonfilm

Post by vonfilm »

gn303 wrote:CO2? What is wrong with compressed air? Second hand these pistols are definitly not more expensive then CO2. Add to that the availebility of diving tanks and pumps to refill the pistol cylinder. Go for the CA if you get the opportunity.
Good luck.
Guy
I have not seen pre owned CA Olympic pistols available for sale for anywhere near the price range of a CO2 pistol. Also a decent size CA tank and filling rig are over $600. I was able to get a filled 20 pound CO2 tank for less than $200. I also have several custom Crosman CO2 rifles that use small paintball tanks.

I certainly won't rule out going with CA in the future. Right now my budget would not allow it.

I am greatly enjoying my new to me C25. With some practice I have been able to keep my shots in the black on my hallway 10m range, with most shots 8 ring or better. There is much less fatigue than with my F65. I seem to get about 150 shots per CO2 canister. They are dated for 1992 but still seem to fill perfectly.

I wish there were some convenient matches near Austin.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

"I am greatly enjoying my new to me C25"
That's the most important. I wasn't judging your budget rather than wondering the choice for Co2.
But pleased to read that you're happy.
So go on and enjoy.
Regards,
Guy
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I think used CA pistols are a bit more scarce in the USA than in Europe. There is a considerable markup getting them over here, and even when discounted as used, they are still quite expensive.

CO2 has been out of fashion long enough that the prices are quite a bit lower. Some of that may just be due to inflation. If you paid $500 for a top of the line CO2 pistol 20 years ago, most people wouldn't think of selling it for anywhere close to that, even though the equivalent might sell for $800 or more in today's dollars.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

"I think used CA pistols are a bit more scarce in the USA than in Europe. There is a considerable markup getting them over here, and even when discounted as used, they are still quite expensive."

Indeed, Gwhite. I came ( a little late) to the same conclusion when looking through the "for sale" adds on the forum. Over here you can buy a fairly recent CA pistol for +/- 900 USD. But anyhow, the gun, be it CA or Co2, is generally more performant than the man who holds it :-).

Enjoy your shooting.
Guy