KSP200 vs IZH/IJ-35m

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BobGee

KSP200 vs IZH/IJ-35m

Post by BobGee »

I have bought a (used) KSP200.

I have done a bit of web and TT trawling and have come to the conclusion that Walther's efforts on the original pistol (IZH/IJ-35M) are essentially cosmetic (orthopedic, laminated grip and satin chromed slide and trigger blade) and the addition of a slide stop.

Is that correct or did they do something inside, e.g. polishing the trigger train?

Bob
BobGee

Re: KSP200 vs IZH/IJ-35m

Post by BobGee »

Anyone?

Bob
ElBosco

Post by ElBosco »

I bought a KSP-200 in 2007 from a Swiss dealer with the idea of acquiring a new piece for my collection. Firing it a few times, I discovered though that it was an excellent target pistol, and since then, with the addition of a really fitting grip, it has replaced the Haemmerli 280 I used for 25 m shooting before.

I haven't been able to compare it to an IZH-35m, but after looking at its internal parts, I think that Walther only added the cosmetic touches you mentioned, except for the button which keeps the slide open.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

In design they are identical, the finish is obviously different, anecdotally I know many people whose IZH-35s have worn out quite quickly, one person with a KSP which seems to be lasting, maybe the germans leant on the factory and they got the metallurgy right.
Then again he doesn't shoot it much and rarely cleans it, keeping them dirty seems to help stop them slamming themselves to death.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

One and the same gun----mine turned out to be an "alibi" gun unless I shot that Mexican ammo....."Doc"