Is it odd to use RWS rifle match in a pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CamelNL

Is it odd to use RWS rifle match in a pistol?

Post by CamelNL »

Is it odd to use RWS rifle match in a match pistol?
David M

Re: Is it odd to use RWS rifle match in a pistol?

Post by David M »

No, not odd at all, works fine.
Slightly slower powder than Pistol Match, so
is better in a Free pistol than a Semi auto.
Northwestern AP

Post by Northwestern AP »

I use it in my Walther GSP. It's not my preferred ammunition but you have to take what you can get these days. My pistol is flawlessly reliable with CCI SV, but occasionally RWS Target Rifle doesn't quite have enough pressure to cycle the pistol. When I clean more frequently it does help, but I still prefer CCI SV.

If you can get it to function well in your pistol, there's no particular reason to not use it. But now that the price of CCI SV on auction sites has come down a bit I'll be purchasing that in the future.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

I have used with success SK rifle match in my MG2 (Standard slide with RF weight). In our Club's GSP we frequently use Geko Rifle and SK Pistol Match Spezial because they have just a little more punch to cycle them reliably.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The MIT collegiate team has about 25 Benelli MP90/95s, and about a third of them prefer RWS Rifle Match over anything else we've tried. We got some Pistol Match a while back due to the shortage of ammo, and it worked OK in most pistols. We had one student who didn't realize we had two different flavors, and the boxes are very similar. He had to drop out of a match because he picked up Pistol Match and his pistol wouldn't function reliably at all. We didn't figure out what his problem was until it was too late.
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

If i use pistol ammo in my MG2 it jammes after a few shots and miss feeds. The Rifle ammo seems a bit more powerfull wich extracts the empty shell better.