SCUBA/SCBA Tank Fills in SF Bay Area

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JerryX

SCUBA/SCBA Tank Fills in SF Bay Area

Post by JerryX »

Anyone know of a place that does 200 bar and/or 300 bar tank fills in the San Francisco Bay Area? Preferably in the East Bay?

I'm just getting back into shooting after a 20 year absence and the dive shop I used to use closed.
grmdaddyo

Re: SCUBA/SCBA Tank Fills in SF Bay Area

Post by grmdaddyo »

Steele's Dive Shop on Telegraph Ave, Oakland. He's a shooter too.

GRM
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

Found most dive shops will fill a 200 Bar tank. Not sure about 300 Bars though. Have used Capt. Aquas in Hayward, Alameda Dive Shop, Sports Chalet, and several shops on the peninsula. I did find some places ask about having a dive card but when told it was for a PCP, they didn't ask again. Most stores and staff are more concerned with the scuba tank having current certs and inspections.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Alameda Dive Shop.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

bummer7 wrote:Found most dive shops will fill a 200 Bar tank. Not sure about 300 Bars though. Have used Capt. Aquas in Hayward, Alameda Dive Shop, Sports Chalet, and several shops on the peninsula. I did find some places ask about having a dive card but when told it was for a PCP, they didn't ask again. Most stores and staff are more concerned with the scuba tank having current certs and inspections.
Where on the Peninsula do you go now? I used to go to Wallins in San Carlos but they closed. (That tells you how long it's been since I filled my tank.)
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

John,
Aquans in San Carlos has reopened under new management. I used to refill the club's tank there until they closed for two months last fall. For the past few years, I've been going to Scuba Fusion in San Mateo for refills, annual inspections, and a certification. Just filled both the club's tank and my own pony tank this past January right before the State Championship/JO match.
-s