Which beginner pistol to practice with?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bullseyeman

Re: Which beginner pistol to practice with?

Post by bullseyeman »

The 717/747- would actually be as simple to cock left handed as right handed, i'm guessing that comment came from a right hander. Don't overlook the 717/747- it's highly accurate and value priced- which again if you're looking for one around 100 is a great first airgun to see if you'll use it. You may even be able to pick one up used-to try it out. And the only difference is the barrell between the 717/747-as both have adjustable triggers now.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Kind of a follow-up....When I was at Camp Perry getting my butt kicked way back when, I decided "no more" and bought a FWB65 on commercial row.

It worked....I actually developed some shooting skills. The best part, though, was that it got me into Olympic style pistol shooting. I still shoot Bullseye with my .22, but concentrate on Air Pistol and Free Pistol now.

It's all coming along nicely. I think airgun is the most basic shooting skill trainer. Perhaps our poster will feel the same.

BTW I have shot with Robert from Airguns of Arizona and patronized his shop (very nice). He's kind of a crusty SOB, but then so am I.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Morini 162 or bust.

Although the IZH-46 is okay too for the price point.

In my opinion if you like the sport you are probably best to buy once and cry once. Lots of cheap shooting to be had with an airgun.
Image Image