.32/.22 Pardini SPBE What Motivated You To Buy One?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

jbzeus

.32/.22 Pardini SPBE What Motivated You To Buy One?

Post by jbzeus »

I have been thinking about purchasing a Pardini .22 with the .32ACP conversion. Spent a few minutes last week speaking with Vladimir at Pardini who politely listened and answered my questions. He did mention 0.7" groups with the SP.

A few locally use a .22 on a .45 dedicated frame. Obviously using a .45 for the centerfire and .45 portion of a competition gives you the same gun consistency. With the .22 on a 1911 frame your grip is always the same across a course of fire.

With a SP .22 and .32 option and a 1911 you have the same grip for .22 and centerfire and something different with the .45 and three different recoils to deal with.

With the .32 it appears there are limited bullet choices with the XTP being popular and work being done on lead bullets. Starline is going to make brass later this year they tell me so that may help with brass availablity. Good accuracy appears to be available with the .32 but takes some work.

The SP seems fairly expensive to shoot using XTP bullets at all distances for best accuracy.

So, what was the logic that helped to swing you to the Pardini with a .32 conversion?

Jeff
jmdavis

Re: .32/.22 Pardini SPBE What Motivated You To Buy One?

Post by jmdavis »

Dick Horton makes a 1911 angle grip for the pardini sp.

I do not have one though my mentor kept a pardini hp in 32 s&w to shoot in center fire international and occasional bullseye matches. He sold his sp and switched to an aw93 some years ago for 22
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

I stumbled across a used Pardini SP years ago and shoot it in BE. It became very obvious why these are the go to guns for Olympic and World Cup events. They are very forgiving pistols. Yes I know Ruger's and Buck Mark's are just as good, but you don't see them at the Olympics. (I bet that will start a riot) The idea is to have an Olympic grade .22 AND an Olympic grade center fire gun that are basically the same gun, with the hope that you will pick up more points over a 45. It's a strategy, not for everyone, but for some.
sobakavitch

Re: . . . .

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

I have a HP in 32 acp and 22 lr and mounted a scope to each barrel so I have no zero problems when changing between the two. I do not know how they make the barrels but these are very accurate with all different loads. The 22 barrel shoots all the low cost stuff accurate enough to keep 10 in the 10 at 50 yards the good stuff will be 10 in the X.
You will say good by to alibis as this gun just works. (even with cheap 22 ammo)
The customer service from the guys in Tampa is world class just like their shooting ability.
The 32 acp is totally different than the 32 SWL it has less recoil and is accurate at 50 yards.
This is just a fun gun to shoot accurate and reliable. They hold their value so if you change your mind sell it and try something else.
jbzeus

Post by jbzeus »

sobakavitch brought up a point I may not have emphasized above. That is, does the .32 ACP have a future. Someone mentioned in another thread that the .32 ACP was looked at 15-20 years ago but obviously it didn't catch on. What's different this time?

Just picked up a new Rock River 1911. Maybe I'll eventually be good enough with it that I'll skip the SP .32. :-)

Jeff
fc60

Why the 32 ACP is catching on now....

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Several years ago, Hornady began marketing the 60 grain 0.312" XTP bullet. It shoots exceptionally well in the 32 ACP.

I did some experimental conversions for the Pardini, Walther, Haemmerli, and Erma. All shot very well.

My friend Scott still shoots his Erma with my custom 32 ACP barrel and does quite well.

Pardini saw the advantage to the 32 ACP and began machining special bolts for them. This is good as these bolts cannot accidentally chamber a 32 S&W Long. The earlier conversions I did will chamber a round which is dangerous. I no longer do this type of work.

Many shooters are shooting the Pardini in 32 ACP with cast lead bullets and doing well.

Cheers,

Dave
beeser

Re: Why the 32 ACP is catching on now....

Post by beeser »

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

Several years ago, Hornady began marketing the 60 grain 0.312" XTP bullet. It shoots exceptionally well in the 32 ACP.

I did some experimental conversions for the Pardini, Walther, Haemmerli, and Erma. All shot very well.

My friend Scott still shoots his Erma with my custom 32 ACP barrel and does quite well.

Pardini saw the advantage to the 32 ACP and began machining special bolts for them. This is good as these bolts cannot accidentally chamber a 32 S&W Long. The earlier conversions I did will chamber a round which is dangerous. I no longer do this type of work.

Many shooters are shooting the Pardini in 32 ACP with cast lead bullets and doing well.

Cheers,

Dave
What cast lead bullets?
dronning

Post by dronning »

beeser wrote:
fc60 wrote:......Many shooters are shooting the Pardini in 32 ACP with cast lead bullets and doing well.

Cheers,

Dave
What cast lead bullets?

Read through this thread,

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42516

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
beeser

Post by beeser »

dronning wrote:
beeser wrote:
fc60 wrote:......Many shooters are shooting the Pardini in 32 ACP with cast lead bullets and doing well.

Cheers,

Dave
What cast lead bullets?

Read through this thread,

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42516

- Dave
Kudos to oldcaster, et al. for the exhaustive work done on developing the lead .32 ACP bullet. Unfortunately I don't cast bullets (yet). Are there any commercially made?
fc60

Cast Bullet Source For 32 ACP

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Contact PardiniUSA for a recommendation. I "think" they were experimenting with bullets from Rim Rock.

http://rimrockbullets.net/premium-bulle ... r-500.html

Cheers,

Dave
bking

Post by bking »

There's a caster here in Oregon I buy my .45 bullets from (he does good work, was referred to my by Roddy Toyota when he built my gun.)

He said he would buy the molds & make the Oldcaster bullets if I order 2000 of them. He would charge $67 per 1000 bullets. If you're interested you can email Travis Frick at tbbullets@peak.org

Is .314 still the consensus size?
beeser

Post by beeser »

bking wrote:There's a caster here in Oregon I buy my .45 bullets from (he does good work, was referred to my by Roddy Toyota when he built my gun.)

He said he would buy the molds & make the Oldcaster bullets if I order 2000 of them. He would charge $67 per 1000 bullets. If you're interested you can email Travis Frick at tbbullets@peak.org

Is .314 still the consensus size?
Anyone want to split a minimum order?
bking

Post by bking »

beeser wrote: Anyone want to split a minimum order?
I'm ordering, once I do that & he has the molds he'll sell like he does his other sizes (100, 500, or 1000)

His other .32 are sized .313, but .314 is what we need?
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

You will need them sized 0.314 both for accuracy and for keeping the lead out of the barrel.