Interesting news from Matchguns regarding MG2 and MGH1

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dam8

Re: Interesting news from Matchguns regarding MG2 and MGH1

Post by dam8 »

If there were a us dealer, I for one would buy one, and I bet there would be a lot if mg2 s sold!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

dam8 wrote:If there were a us dealer, I for one would buy one, and I bet there would be a lot if mg2 s sold!
No comment on the current quality or reliability of the guns but, based on Matchguns' history of reliability problems and upgrades it would need a brave dealer to take them on. You have to take a gamble on the amount of warranty work you will have to do, and that work eats away at your profit margins.
therider

Post by therider »

My LP10E had sear replacement after 1 month of use as it was shooting without touching the trigger.

Then they had to file the solenoid as it was not hitting with enough energy to free the striker.

9 months with MGH1 at a rate of about 500diabilos/week and never had the slightest problem.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

No comment on the current quality or reliability of the guns but, based on Matchguns' history of reliability problems and upgrades it would need a brave dealer to take them on. You have to take a gamble on the amount of warranty work you will have to do, and that work eats away at your profit margins.
This would have been a fair comment in 2006, however I do not consider it to be accurate in 2015.

Remember that the Matchguns pistols are not designed for the casual shoter, or indeed anyone that has a limited engineering understanding but are manufactured for the more serious and experienced shooter in the same way the F40 Ferrari and its successors were made for "selected" owners.

Any prospective distributor/dealer would do well to understand this, and consider the credentials of prospective owners rather than focusing on total sales volume.
Last edited by deadeyedick on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Both my MG2RF and MG4 are nice to shoot. Once you understand whats important the adjustability of everything shortens the time spent in getting these pistols to a balance to your liking and repoint time and again to your target sweetspot.
Pyroman

Post by Pyroman »

SamEEE wrote:On an aside MG-2rf consistently squish Lapua OSP even when spotlessly clean.
Could you describe the result a bit more? Like bend it like a banana? I had occurrences where I thought my MG-2 "hated" certain brands. But it turned out that the hook on the magazine would actually catch on the cannelures of some brands of ammunition. This results in some pretty spectacular jams. A couple of passes with a fine file and some emery papery to break the sharp edge and I've been golden ever since.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Yeah, like a banana. Interesting - I will investigate further. Many thanks.
Image Image
Pyroman

Post by Pyroman »

I would suggest loading up a magazine with the ammunition you are having problems with. Then with your finger against the cartridge, depress the rear of the magazine latch enough to let the cartridge start to exit the magazine. Control the feed with your finger and watch and see if the magazine latch catches against either a deep cannelure, or where the bullet meets the cartridge case. When this happens in the pistol, besides a banana shaped cartridge, you can end up with end of the magazine cracked. But even my broken magazines now function just fine, after I lightly filed the tip of the hook.
therider

Post by therider »

SamEee, i have seen the new feed guide in operation 3 days ago. The cartridge is fed perfectly in line with the barrel. I doubt you would get a banana with that.
I think mg2 is going to be my next toy. :-)
Heddok

Post by Heddok »

therider wrote:SamEee, i have seen the new feed guide in operation 3 days ago. The cartridge is fed perfectly in line with the barrel. I doubt you would get a banana with that.
I think mg2 is going to be my next toy. :-)
Rider- Could you describe this in a little more detail?
Thanks
Brad
therider

Post by therider »

Brad,
It's the cantilever component which sits at the exit of the magazine. The shape is now different and the cartridge is rotated and finally released perfectly in line with barrel. I've seen the prototype 2 weeks ago and a few days ago was in the final serie production.

I cannot be more specific, as I don't know the old component shape...so I was just getting Cesare's explaination and saw the whole movement in the pistol. Now cannot jam even with them"problematic" cartridges.

I would wait a bit before ordering it.
My perception of Cesare , for the "few hours" I have spent with him during grip modification (he is now making the second grip for me, he has now worked on my MGH1 grip for 3+2+3 hours....and it is becoming an extension of my forearm! I could have never managed to get to such a perfection by myself) is that he restlessly gets new ideas....not only new projects but also little details.

I think that any thing which annoyses his brain has to be removed.

Just to give an example...how many here have noticed that with mgh1 you don't need to be careful to avoid that the o-ring in the air cylinder is pushed out of its groove as with any other pistol when unscrewing the cylinder??
He has simply machined a little notch with discharges air so that there is no pressure gradient on the o-ring and it always stays in the grove!

So , although it works.... just wait a bit......you never know which idea comes next!
stale

Post by stale »

I am a bit courious on the 3'rd screw on the mgh1
You wrote: "So my pistol was yesterday modified in a few minutes by drilling the hole and putting this 3rd screw."
I did buy one of the first back in 2012, it was delivered with 3 screws on top, and all other pistols are supplied with 3 screw. Could You please add a picture of this extra screw?
therider

Post by therider »

The third one you are talking about in the middle is not for fixing the block to the frame
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (32.79 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
Bjornenger

Post by Bjornenger »

I have been in contact with Stefano at MG.
He said the new guide were not finished.
Ahhh I need that badly.
I love my mg2

Ü

Anybody gotten the new guide?