SCATT Calibration for sub-six pistol sight picture?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
cbruce13

SCATT Calibration for sub-six pistol sight picture?

Post by cbruce13 »

All,

I'm firing up my new SCATT system (WS-03) for use with my Pardini SP. I've somewhat figured out the calibration for a center-hold sight picture, but coming up empty-headed on how to arrainge calibration for a sub-six sight picture.

I've looked around other posts and not found great/clear info on dialing-in calibration generally, and none at all with respect to a sub-six sight picture.

Any advice?

(PS, it seems that the Pardini SP is particularly difficult to calibrate generally, given the shape of the barrel/frame - I'm seemingly forced to use the interior barrel-mount because the exterior barrel bracket puts the optic sensor too off center to calibrate well.)
kanedal

Re: SCATT Calibration for sub-six pistol sight picture?

Post by kanedal »

You just calibrate it the same way as you do on center hold, only difference is that your aim area is sub six. I mounted the barrelunit diagonally on the Pardini SP, had no problem with that.
cbruce13

Post by cbruce13 »

Interesting - I may just be doing calibration wrong.

When I try to calibrate at sub-six, the optic sensor seems too low to register on the software's calibration screen (ie, to get the dot to pop up onto the calibration screen I have to raise the pistol to at least just above a straight six sight picture or a just sub-ten sight picture).

Maybe my optic sensor needs to he angled slightly upwards?
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Do not use the official targets. Print a Scatt target, but cut it out so that the black circle is mounted 1-1.5" above the center of the target holder (see the red dashed line in the picture). Your sensor will then be pointed into the active area on the target.
Attachments
Scatt_target.JPG
Scatt_target.JPG (48.1 KiB) Viewed 942 times
cbruce13

Post by cbruce13 »

Very interesting approach, RE, moving the target itself upwards. thanks for the alternative approach