Looking for a club in northern Indiana (South Bend area)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

adambarker

Looking for a club in northern Indiana (South Bend area)

Post by adambarker »

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to find a club or a place to shoot 3 position in northern Indiana (near South Bend/Mishawaka). I used to compete in 3 position smallbore and air rifile as a junior 20 years ago, but had to quit when all of my equipment was stolen right before I went to college in '95. It was a long, long time ago, but I was the '94 Indiana junior air rifle champ and participated in the national junior olympics that year. My friend and club teammate, Jayme Dickman, ended up shooting in the '96 and '00 olympics.

Anyway, I'd like to get back into shooting, but haven't had much luck finding a new club, or a local range where folks shoot 3 position. My old club in South Bend doesn't exist anymore, and our range closed long ago. If anyone has any information on clubs or ranges in my area, or even just some advice on getting started again, I'd be very grateful.
pmy

Re: Looking for a club in northern Indiana (South Bend area)

Post by pmy »

We shoot indoor 4P Smallbore (we're mostly highpower shooters trying to get through the winter, so we include a sitting stage), twice a month at the Elkhart Rifle & Pistol Club, on Saturday mornings.

On the other Saturdays, we also mix in rimfire sporter and smallbore prone.

When the weather is warm, we also shoot outdoor prone matches at the Wa Ke De range, just outside of Bristol, IN. And also RFS, F-Class Smallbore and highpower.

I don't know of anywhere around here that shoots outdoor 3P. That doesn't mean there isn't. I just don't know about it.

Here's some info:

https://sites.google.com/site/sjvsmallborerifle/home
Gru

Post by Gru »

pmy wrote:We shoot indoor 4P Smallbore (we're mostly highpower shooters trying to get through the winter, so we include a sitting stage), twice a month at the Elkhart Rifle & Pistol Club, on Saturday mornings.

On the other Saturdays, we also mix in rimfire sporter and smallbore prone.

Here's some info:

https://sites.google.com/site/sjvsmallborerifle/home

Are these matches open to the public or club members only? I'd be interested in them as I'm about a hours drive away and my club recently quit holding its indoor shoots during the winter.
pmy

Post by pmy »

Definitely open to the public. Come on over!
Gru

Post by Gru »

Good to know. You might have a new shooter this weekend!
pmy

Post by pmy »

Excellent!