precise stock for Anschutz 8002 KI S2

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ltdave

precise stock for Anschutz 8002 KI S2

Post by Ltdave »

are the aluminum precise stocks available separately for these Anschutz?

after some serious discussions with heavy hitting air rifle shooters, they all recommend my daughter (a bit curvy) use an aluminum precise stock vs wood stock on her 8002...

id rather NOT have to sell the entire rifle and then replace it having just getting it serviced but i need to keep my daughter out of dutch with the officials!
Ltdave

Re: precise stock for Anschutz 8002 KI S2

Post by Ltdave »

apparently the precise stock IS available separately...

i got this from a good source, Elite Shooting Sport run by Olympian Joe Hein...
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Joe is a great guy!

There's nothing wrong with grinding the snot out of the 8002 wood stock. EVERY ONE of our 8002's has the stock ground out to accommodate the female form better.

When it was first suggested that I grind a BRAND NEW 1912 stock for my oldest daughter I about fainted!!
Now, (after much counseling by fine national and international coaches) I view a Rifle/Stock combination as nothing but a tool to punch those holes in the target as close to the center as they can get them.

I must admit to having a good time grinding away at stocks, grips, etc at the JOs.
(OH, NO!!! Mr Martin's taking my gun back to the toolroom!!!)
Even Joe will tell you that the AMU has a VERY NICE belt sander/grinder in their back room!
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

jhmartin wrote:Joe is a great guy!

There's nothing wrong with grinding the snot out of the 8002 wood stock. EVERY ONE of our 8002's has the stock ground out to accommodate the female form better.

When it was first suggested that I grind a BRAND NEW 1912 stock for my oldest daughter I about fainted!!
Now, (after much counseling by fine national and international coaches) I view a Rifle/Stock combination as nothing but a tool to punch those holes in the target as close to the center as they can get them.

I must admit to having a good time grinding away at stocks, grips, etc at the JOs.
(OH, NO!!! Mr Martin's taking my gun back to the toolroom!!!)
Even Joe will tell you that the AMU has a VERY NICE belt sander/grinder in their back room!

i shoot service rifle. AR-15. ocaissionaly a wood rifle (M1, M1 Carbine, M14 type)...

i know LESS THAN NOTHING about cutting, grinding, sanding, whitling or any OTHER modification on a stock...

ill look for a precise thank you... lol
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Ltdave wrote:i know LESS THAN NOTHING about cutting, grinding, sanding, whitling or any OTHER modification on a stock..
(Snicker) ..... It's not so much about KNOW, it's more about WILL. :)

If you have the time and the dollars to go after the Precise, fantastic ... mainly it's the time.
If it comes down to (and many times does) grind or don't shoot ..... there the will power comes in.
(Say, at a major match, during training one of the Range Officers sees a clearance problem. We see a lot at the JOs ... especially the gals who a coach usually does not notice the problem week by week, but the ROs specifically look for this issue)

It usually does not take a whole lot to make some clearance ... below is one of our stocks chomped out to clear a LH shooter.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I think it would be considerably cheaper to sell the 8002 and buy a 9003 Precise. I also don't know how the isolation dampers would fit a 8002 action. That area may be different in the actions? The Precise stock for a 54 action is 1945.00 plus the forend for 230.00. So 2200ish for and upgrade. A used 9003-S2 Precise would be 3000 or less, sell 8002 for 1800, 1000 for upgrade. Anyway, that is what ran through my head when I read the initial post. Good luck, kids are expensive.
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

TerryKuz wrote:I think it would be considerably cheaper to sell the 8002 and buy a 9003 Precise. I also don't know how the isolation dampers would fit a 8002 action. That area may be different in the actions? The Precise stock for a 54 action is 1945.00 plus the forend for 230.00. So 2200ish for and upgrade. A used 9003-S2 Precise would be 3000 or less, sell 8002 for 1800, 1000 for upgrade. Anyway, that is what ran through my head when I read the initial post. Good luck, kids are expensive.
yeah, i need to see what the stock alone runs, then ill definitely consider the whole sell/re-buy situation...