Winter cabin fever question on Anshutz 2007/2013

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

SRay53txtn

Winter cabin fever question on Anshutz 2007/2013

Post by SRay53txtn »

Last year I acquired a 2007/2013 in a trade and am contemplating selling it to get one in a precise stock, which is closer to my Palma rifle tube stock.
Strictly prone shooter, not 3 position, even though I can easily use this stock.
I have about 50% of the cost of a new one saved up. My question for those that have been at this longer than me which is 99% of you reading this;
Should I:
1) sell my current stock and just order a precise stock
2) sell the rifle and purchase a new or used on with the precise stock

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by SRay53txtn on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigAl

Re: Winter cabin fever question on Anshutz 2007/2013

Post by BigAl »

Is it the heavy barreled action in the standard stock? Was it new when you bought it? Dose it shoot OK. If it were me me I would be looking to replace the stock, although I think I prefer the Kepler stock over the Anschutz. There are also similar stocks to look at from G+E and MEC which span a reasonable price range.

I do think that you might have a bit of a problem selling either the stock or the rifle complete. Even though it is the later 2007 stock with the adjustable butt and cheek piece it's still a really a standard rifle stock. They are just not very popular these days. I think that you may find that even with selling the gun complete and buying a full replacement in the precise stock you could find it costing you more than just gettings a new stock, especially if you go with one of the non Anschutz options.

Alan
SRay53txtn

Post by SRay53txtn »

BigAl wrote:Is it the heavy barreled action in the standard stock? Was it new when you bought it? Dose it shoot OK. If it were me me I would be looking to replace the stock, although I think I prefer the Kepler stock over the Anschutz. There are also similar stocks to look at from G+E and MEC which span a reasonable price range.

I do think that you might have a bit of a problem selling either the stock or the rifle complete. Even though it is the later 2007 stock with the adjustable butt and cheek piece it's still a really a standard rifle stock. They are just not very popular these days. I think that you may find that even with selling the gun complete and buying a full replacement in the precise stock you could find it costing you more than just gettings a new stock, especially if you go with one of the non Anschutz options.

Alan
Alan
Who carries the G+E and MEC stocks in the USA?
Thanks for you info
Thanks
ZD

Post by ZD »

From a statistical standpoint, it would probably be cheaper to sell the stock and buy a new one. However, I would guess that finding a buyer for a 20 series standard rifle stock would be very difficult. If it was a 1907 standard rifle stock (same stock, but for a 19 series), you might be able to find a buyer, as someone might be willing to update their stock on an older Anschutz, one that would be a round action (any 54 action, 14-19 series, will drop in any 54 action Anschutz stock). Case in point, when my brother was shooting a 1407 in a basic standard rifle stock (basic buttplate, cheekpiece adjustable with spacers), we updated it with an older Neal Johnson fiberglass stock; as we got it for reasonable offer and it extended the life of the rifle until he obtained a 1907 in a precise stock. However, someone who owns a 20 series Anschutz is already going to have at least that stock, or more likely the top of the line 20 series wood free rifle stock or the aluminum, unless they happen to just have a barreled action. So, assuming you cannot sell the stock, it would make more sense to just sell the entire rifle, as it would be a nice package for someone. Then again, it doesn't hurt to try. My comments above are my opinion and my observations from rifles I have seen sold over the years; it is worth noting that my coach back home happened to be given a 20 series action to sell that belonged to a benchrest shooter and then acquired a stock to go with it; put it together, and sold it complete. On a completely different point, I love the precise stock, and I believe it is one of the best out there, especially with the cheekpiece.

-Zach
Erud

Post by Erud »

If you want to match your Palma rifle in a tube stock, why not just put an Anschutz round action in an Eliseo? Might serve your purposes better. Having owned and shot both Eliseo's and a 2018, the 2 feel night and day different to me.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

SRay53txtn wrote:Alan
Who carries the G+E and MEC stocks in the USA?
Thanks for you info
Thanks
I'm sorry I have no idea, although a quick email to them should get you an answer. Google will be your friend here, it will also translate pages for you too, which is helpful if you are a non German speaker when so much of our kit originates in German speaking countries. You should be OK using English in an email but it might take a day or two to get a response. I would not necessarily worry too much about the stock being for the square action if you try to sell it, as it is very easy to fit any of the round actions in using a simple adapter block. The block screws to the round action using short screws in the original threaded holes. The bottom of the block then mimics the configuration of a 20 series action and simply screws to the stock with the normal 4 stock screws of the 20 series rifles.

Alan
justadude

Post by justadude »

As for G&E and MEC here in the US, I think Neal Stepp at International Shooter Service will take care of both for you:

(817) 595-2090

'Dude