Walter LP 400 air pistol's cylinder leaking

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
amarinder

Walter LP 400 air pistol's cylinder leaking

Post by amarinder »

The air pistol has not caused any problem for last 16 months but suddenly it has started to loose air pressure. I filled the cylinder to 180 bar yesterday, and after 12 hours it pressure has decreased to 100 bar.

Any idea what could be the problem. I have only 1 week left for Nationals, so need urgent help.
pgmlml

Re: Walter LP 400 air pistol's cylinder leaking

Post by pgmlml »

HI!
The pressure drop was with the cylinder attached do the weapon?
If the cylinder drops pressure alone, shouldn't drop pressure attached to the weapon, and vice versa! You should keep it that way until the match.

Either way, it's probably just a bad O-ring. So I would keep calm... If you have the oportunity, ake it to someone who can fix it, or just wait after the Nationals!

cheers
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

To keep calm one week before the Nationals may not be easy...

I assume, too, that it's the seal (if it looses the air seperated from the air pistol). If you don't have a second cylinder (which I would recommend to own for any match shooter) you will surely find help at the Nationals at the Walther service stand (I can't check from Germany and at the weekend, if they attend, but to 96,6% they will...) - be there early and let them check the cylinder. They will surely lent you a good one for the match to be returned later, so that you don't have to care about any repair time.

Ulrich Eichstädt
Walther Germany
amarinder

Post by amarinder »

Ulrich Eichstädt wrote:To keep calm one week before the Nationals may not be easy...

I assume, too, that it's the seal (if it looses the air seperated from the air pistol). If you don't have a second cylinder (which I would recommend to own for any match shooter) you will surely find help at the Nationals at the Walther service stand (I can't check from Germany and at the weekend, if they attend, but to 96,6% they will...) - be there early and let them check the cylinder. They will surely lent you a good one for the match to be returned later, so that you don't have to care about any repair time.

Ulrich Eichstädt
Walther Germany
Showed the leaking cylinder to a technician. He said valve seems to be the problem and asked me to attach the cylinder more tightly to pistol to reduce air leak(And I have confirmed that by rotating tightly, air leak does reduces).

I am from India, and there is no walther service center here, what to do next to fix the issue?

regards