How to determine grip size on a FWB 65/80

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JMI

How to determine grip size on a FWB 65/80

Post by JMI »

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a FWB Model 65 or Model 80 with Large grips. Is there a way or are the grip marked in order to determine the size?

Thanks

Jim
JMI

Someone knows the answer...?

Post by JMI »

I have a Model 65 "Mark II" with the sporter grips. I'm interested in target grips but they need to be large for my 100-110 mm size meat hooks. How can a seller measure the size of the grips (whether I'm buying grips by themselves or a gun altogether) or are they marked in some discreet place?

Thanks

Jim
FredB

alternate

Post by FredB »

Jim,

The FWB factory grips for the 65 or 80 (note the two guns have different grip frames) are, in a word, lousy. Better to buy a Morini or Rink aftermarket grip, which will be sold clearly marked for size. This will solve both the problem you thought you had, and the problem you didn't know you had.

HTH,
FredB
JMI

Re: alternate

Post by JMI »

FredB wrote:Jim,

The FWB factory grips for the 65 or 80 (note the two guns have different grip frames) are, in a word, lousy. Better to buy a Morini or Rink aftermarket grip, which will be sold clearly marked for size. This will solve both the problem you thought you had, and the problem you didn't know you had.

HTH,
FredB
Fred,

Well it took just shy of 3 years to follow your recommendation but the Model 65 is wearing its new furniture and they feel great. They are 100 mm across (XL) and they also look great.

Thanks

Jim
Rover

Re: How to determine grip size on a FWB 65/80

Post by Rover »

I trust you are making the PCP guys hold themselves in low esteem with it.
FredB

Re: How to determine grip size on a FWB 65/80

Post by FredB »

Jim,

Now that's one nice looking FWB 65! Glad if I was able to help a little.

Best wishes and good shooting,
FredB