Benelli .22 Pistols

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Bikefire

Benelli .22 Pistols

Post by Bikefire »

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Benelli Mp95 and the mp90s World Cup .22 pistols. (Other than the price difference). Have you had good luck with either? I'm new to bullseye and am looking to upgrade from my buckmark. Thanks
Trooperjake

Re: Benelli .22 Pistols

Post by Trooperjake »

The MP90 comes with a better set of grips, and a more adjustable trigger.
Other than that I think they are the same.
I had a MP95, traded it for a Pardini, would not go back.

Larrys Guns in Maine is the person to talk to on the Benelli.
Ttgoods

Post by Ttgoods »

Mp 95 much better trigger

Grips are 250 dollars

So it's well worth the money.

Buy new the generation 3 slide much better

If you can get a Pardini for the same price it's worth considering
Murph

Post by Murph »

Are both Benelli M90 and m95 still made new?
Last edited by Murph on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

Actually the MP90 has the better trigger. Though the trigger on the MP95 is serviceable. The cost in the US for the MP90 trigger to go into the MP95 is $470. As was noted the Rink grip is another $250 or so.

I found a used MP95 at an excellent price, with standard and Rink Grips, 2 6 rnd mags, and 2 9 rnd mags. In the time that I have had it I have replaced the buffer once and have around 5k of live fire and about the same of dryfire.

The chamber of the Benelli must be kept very clean to avoid failures to feed. Some shooters will clean it during a 900 with a patch on a bent brush. Also, an occasional cleaning of the magazines is a good idea.

As I said I received a VERY good deal on my pistol when I bought it used. I have not seen even a well used Pardini used at 2x the price and most of the used model 41's are more expensive without an adjustable trigger.

All of that being said, I believe that both the Pardini and the AW93 are better Pistols. If I were buying a new pistol and could afford the additional price I would certainly think very seriously about one of them. My advice would be to try some of the different models if you can. Many shooters are willing to let you try their guns.
Murph

Post by Murph »

How much does a M95 cost for a new one? And what is average price for a used one?
mparker

Post by mparker »

Benelli is the best value in its class and good place to start. It will serve you well should you decide to go that way.

No, it is not a Pardini-FWB-Match Guns-Hammerli-etc-etc., but it is a capable pistol and should not be overlooked for someone on a budget.

I bought a 90 and a Hammerli 280 several years ago at nearly the same price. I think there has been some renewed interest in the H280 as I see higher prices lately. If you happen to find a nice one near the price of a Benelli I'd recommend you consider it. The 280 made its bones in rapid fire but is a capable bullseye gun and lighter than my Pardini.

Good luck! Shoot lots!

Watch for the release of a new FAS 22LR projected for next spring (?).
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

A new Mp95 is $965+ transfer from Larry's with 2 6rnd mags and standard ambi grip. Rink Grip is $250 extra, but the ambi is pretty good to start with (and much easier for a beginner.

A used MP95 can go for 600-800 with some accessories. I paid in this range for the pistol, case, 2 6 rnd mags, 2 9 rnd mags, rink grip, the previous owner even through in an old but serviceable ultradot. It was a good deal. for someone not committed to a 1911 grip for their .22lr. Part of the reason for the good deal is that there was no Winter Bullseye in this part of VA at the time. Though it is coming back now.

The absolut best price I have seen on a used Pardini SP was an auction for $1495.
Leon

Post by Leon »

"No, it is not a Pardini-FWB-Match Guns-Hammerli-etc-etc'

Don't know where you got that idea from , but owning/have owned all the above-mentioned brands, not only is the Benelli MP90S equal to all of them, it's quality is actually better...
mparker

Post by mparker »

Leon wrote:"No, it is not a Pardini-FWB-Match Guns-Hammerli-etc-etc'

Don't know where you got that idea from , but owning/have owned all the above-mentioned brands, not only is the Benelli MP90S equal to all of them, it's quality is actually better...
From my own experience Leon.

I have a Pardini, 5 Hammerlis, and a Benelli, among others. While I might, with the help of a shooter/gunsmith with better skills that mine, be able to tune them all to shoot similarly, the fact is my Benelli does not group as well as the others. Quality-wise it stacks up well to every match grade pistol I own ... No argument.
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

2 weeks ago, I shot my personal best at a coached practice. 95-5 in timed fire, with the last 5 shots of the string in a 1.25 inch group of 4 x's and 1 10 just to the left. If I can ever get a wider rear blade or one of the adjustable rear blades, I think that I can do as well in rapid fire too.

I know that a 95-5 isn't good for some of you, but 5 timed fire shots in 1.25 inches isn't bad.
Leon

Post by Leon »

mparker wrote:

I have a Pardini, 5 Hammerlis, and a Benelli, among others. While I might, with the help of a shooter/gunsmith with better skills that mine, be able to tune them all to shoot similarly, the fact is my Benelli does not group as well as the others. Quality-wise it stacks up well to every match grade pistol I own ... No argument.
You probably have an older model MP95S. The new-ish model Benelli MP90S (http://www.benelli.it/en/products/pisto ... -cal22-l-r) is hugely improved over previous versions.

Of special mention is it's superlative special match grade Lothar Walther barrel, the bore of which looks like a polished mirror, and the high-quality trigger group. A nice touch employed by Benelli is that each trigger adjustment screw is secured by another locking hex screw, which means that your adjustment will always stay as you set them.
Rover

Post by Rover »

" If I can ever get a wider rear blade or one of the adjustable rear blades, I think that I can do as well "

That's why God made files.
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

It might be why God made files and bench grinders, but I don't have a safe file that will fit and I don't have the ability to put a matte finish on the filed areas. 3.7mm, 4.0 mm and an adjustable rear are available. Hopefully I will hear back next week.

In the meantime does anyone have an MP90/95 B(3.7mm) or C (4.0mm) rear blade that they would like to sell?

Mike
mparker

Post by mparker »

Leon wrote:
mparker wrote:

You probably have an older model MP95S. The new-ish model Benelli MP90S (http://www.benelli.it/en/products/pisto ... -cal22-l-r) is hugely improved over previous versions.

Of special mention is it's superlative special match grade Lothar Walther barrel, the bore of which looks like a polished mirror, and the high-quality trigger group. A nice touch employed by Benelli is that each trigger adjustment screw is secured by another locking hex screw, which means that your adjustment will always stay as you set them.
Mine is an Atlanta 95e. Perhaps I need to spend more time with it. I really do like it.
Leon

Post by Leon »

jmdavis wrote:It might be why God made files and bench grinders, but I don't have a safe file that will fit and I don't have the ability to put a matte finish on the filed areas. 3.7mm, 4.0 mm and an adjustable rear are available. Hopefully I will hear back next week.

In the meantime does anyone have an MP90/95 B(3.7mm) or C (4.0mm) rear blade that they would like to sell?

Mike
Larry's Guns has them in stock - including the adjustable rear sight - which opens to about 4.3mm
Bikefire

Post by Bikefire »

Well, a new mp90s on order from Larrys. Thanks for the input. I'll keep you posted.