Tie-breaking in Standard Pistol or CF/Sport on paper targets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
EdStevens

Tie-breaking in Standard Pistol or CF/Sport on paper targets

Post by EdStevens »

Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched but didn't find it.

It's been suggested to me that when shooting paper targets in Std Pistol or Sport/CF, we should be recording Xs to use in the case of ties, and that this is a recent change to the ISSF rules. I looked through the rule book but oddly couldn't find much of anything on scoring paper targets. (I get that electronic scoring is required for official matches.)

I've never recorded Xs in 25 metre events; should we be?
David Levene

Re: Tie-breaking in Standard Pistol or CF/Sport on paper tar

Post by David Levene »

EdStevens wrote:I've never recorded Xs in 25 metre events; should we be?
You certainly should, see 6.15.1

Apart from the first 3 places in StP or CFP (where it would be a shoot-off under 6.15.2) ties are broken by inner tens, then count-back in 10 shot series, then shot-by-shot count-back (with an inner ten outranking a 10), but this last procedure only works with ESTs.

In the unlikely event of it still being a tie then shooters are ranked equal and listed alphabetically.
EdStevens

Post by EdStevens »

Perfect - thank you! I'll have to modify the scorecards. My problem was in part that I was expecting to see "X" where I should have been looking for "inner ten." Doh.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:
EdStevens wrote:I've never recorded Xs in 25 metre events; should we be?
You certainly should, see 6.15.1

Apart from the first 3 places in StP or CFP (where it would be a shoot-off under 6.15.2) ties are broken by inner tens, then count-back in 10 shot series, then shot-by-shot count-back (with an inner ten outranking a 10), but this last procedure only works with ESTs.

In the unlikely event of it still being a tie then shooters are ranked equal and listed alphabetically.
The shot-by-shot process in 6.15.1.c works on paper targets (integer values) - only the decimal shot-by-shot in 6.15.1.d requires EST.
While 6.15.1.d could be needed in 10m or 50m rifle, it is very unlikely to come into play for 25m events.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Spencer wrote:The shot-by-shot process in 6.15.1.c works on paper targets (integer values).....
Not in strict accordance with the rules as you need to know the exact order in which the shots were fired.