Shooting with "normal" glasses

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CamelNL

Shooting with "normal" glasses

Post by CamelNL »

Does shooting with normal glasses effect your point of impact? When im shooting with guns i dont own i always (9 out of 10 times) shoot to the right. When other people try shooting with one of my pistols they most of the time shoot left of the bull. One veteran shooter at our range told us that my glasses were the problem (parralax problem). He told me that i could test it bu buying a cheap reading glass and use that as budget shooting glass.

Do you guys have any experience with this?

Greetings

Charles
Gerard

Re: Shooting with "normal" glasses

Post by Gerard »

If your glasses lens isn't parallel to the target paper it seems likely that distortion is going to cause a problem. But a consistent one for your setup. I'm assuming you aren't going to be competing with pistols other people have sighted in. If you want to have absolute control over lens position and angle you'll need to either build yourself something out of cheapo reading glasses or pay for proper shooting frame and lens. With the right cheap pair you may be able to use heat to bend the frame to the proper angle for your stance and heat position. Or if a wire frame pair just bend them somewhat. Buy a couple of pair to play with. If it doesn't work out it's no big deal money-wise.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

It's possible, but depending on how well you shoot & how far off the shots are going, it could also be technique. If you are right handed & applying thumb pressure with your trigger squeeze, you will push your shots to the right. It takes some talent to do it consistently, but I've seen it happen. You may have your sights adjusted to compensate.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Is it possible that you shoot right handed and sight with your left eye?

What you describe is what happens with my pistols.

I am right handed and shoot left eye.

Cheers,

Dave
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

No i look with my right eye. Im (if my work allows me to leave in time) gonna shoot tomorrow, then im gonna try the next things:

- Lift my right shoulder
- Pay attention how i look through my glasses

Ill keep you guys posted.
little_doodie

Post by little_doodie »

Well there are a lot of theories.
But the fact is if you are lining up the sights the same as everyone else then it is not the sights or glasses. It could be trigger control or most like is different in what touches the gun.
There are a lot of advise I have heard that everyone's eyes are different and if affects impact.
Absolutely not true. everyone's build, grip and muscle tone is different and that is what makes the difference, not the sights. Sometimes I have run into people who line up sights differently and that will certainly make a difference. Recoil abortion changes the impact the most.
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

I cant try it tonight my gun just broke down. The electronic trigger does not function anymore.