Pardini Rapid Fire

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

conradin

Pardini Rapid Fire

Post by conradin »

Does anyone know what is the difference between using a Pardini Rapid Fire SP vs the normal SP/Bullseye version when it comes to shooting B/E?
Other than short recoil, what is the disadvantage of using a rapid fire version as opposed to the regular or B/E version?
trulyapostolic

Re: Pardini Rapid Fire

Post by trulyapostolic »

I talked with the Pardini folks about this last year. The Bullseye model has a heavier bolt to delay the cycling of the action, they found their guns shot better by slowing the action a little. For 50 yard shooting you'll definitely want the bullseye model. The Rapid Fire model is for International RF matches not bullseye rapid fire strings.
conradin

Post by conradin »

In that case the RP version will also work for STP then? As for accuracy, I doubt it will make much of a difference for the B/E 50 yards since it is for slow fire. Have they ever tested how inaccurate the RP version is in 50 yards, by measuring the grouping?
Rover

Post by Rover »

We're all waiting for a test report on the one you're buying.
dronning

Post by dronning »

conradin wrote:... Have they ever tested how inaccurate the RP version is in 50 yards, by measuring the grouping?
Yes they have and it was a big enough difference that they decide to produce the bullseye version.

"In order to address the needs of the Bullseye shooters at the 50 yards line, we did some tests and found that the heavier bolt gives 17-20 mm group compare to 25-28 mm with the Sport pistol bolt. It is not a big difference but we asked and a lot of BE shooters said that this will be preferable so we did it. Our goal has always been to listen and address shooters needs and ideas. "

There are also some differences in the frame.

This was on the 22lr model.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Rover

Post by Rover »

"In order to address the needs of the Bullseye shooters at the 50 yards line, we did some tests and found that the heavier bolt gives 17-20 mm group compare to 25-28 mm with the Sport pistol bolt. It is not a big difference but we asked and a lot of BE shooters said that this will be preferable so we did it. Our goal has always been to listen and address shooters needs and ideas. "

So the largest group was about an inch! When have you ever met a pistol shooter who wouldn't be delighted with that at 50 yards?
dronning

Post by dronning »

Rover wrote:So the largest group was about an inch! When have you ever met a pistol shooter who wouldn't be delighted with that at 50 yards?
Agreed but there are some guys right now developing loads for the 32acp trying to keep them under 1/2". Just like with 22 rifles when you start to get the group size bug it's almost as bad as the bullseye bug. LOL

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

I shoot an older Pardini SP, with the lighter weight bolt (as compared to the BE model).
I have tested it off the bench at 50 and put 10 shots in 3/8".
That's pretty dang accurate to me.
Ammo was Aguila Rifle Match @ 1080fps, very light recoil.

I thought the BE model was because most BE shooters were using higher velocity ammunition, hence the heavier bolt on the BE model.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Does that mean NEITHER the SP nor the SP RF model is good at 50 yards compare with the B/E model?