Pellet test pardinin k12

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MorganKane2014

Pellet test pardinin k12

Post by MorganKane2014 »

I just did some pellet testing in my pardini k12.
Gun clamped in vise, distance 10 meters.
10 shots of each type of pellet.

I was surprised by the result, had not expected to see such variations.

Any else who has tested their pardini k12?

image by Wyat, on Flickr
Leon

Post by Leon »

Interesting to see that Gamo match, one of the cheapest around, seems to group as well, if not better, than the others..,.
ponpon7

Post by ponpon7 »

Hello MorganKane2014,

How many shots for each group?
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I've not vise tested my K12. Did with a few pellets through my K10 and found it ridiculously accurate, and my sense is that the K12 puts them exactly where I'm pointing when the trigger pops, so there seems little point. Not surprised at the small JSB SCHaK group. They're nice pellets. Just on my last tin from a sleeve and I'll be ordering more, though I have a sleeve of H&N Finale Match to get through first.
JiriK

Post by JiriK »

I did a little test when I bought the K12.
Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8tcnm8k15qj0lbx/IGAe1Ej_qp
MorganKane2014

Post by MorganKane2014 »

Just found out that the jsb schak is the same as jsb match. The only difference is the qualitycontrol. My pellets of schak was also the same weight as the match middle weight. No wonder the groups looked the same :)
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

MorganKane2014 wrote:Just found out that the jsb schak is the same as jsb match. The only difference is the qualitycontrol. My pellets of schak was also the same weight as the match middle weight. No wonder the groups looked the same :)
That's what my pellet dealer, Harvey Lavigne told me when I bought the SCHaK, saying they were the same pellet effectively but at a lower price. This other group from JiriK showing a similarly tight group with the RWS Diabolo Basic is also unsurprising. I tested those with the K10 and achieved similar groups. I'd use them regularly, only it seems they are hard to find in my area. Besides that they are a bit dirty in handling compared to the SCHaK and leave my K12's breech seal somewhat fouled, though not nearly so dirty as the RWS Hobby. I believe Rover has had similarly good test results with the Basics.
Rover

Post by Rover »

The JSB Green label comes in two different weights; .475 and .500 gram.

Just trying to make it hard on us, I guess. I had extraordinary success with the lighter pellets. They were unbeatable, but all the other JSBs were excellent.
6string

Post by 6string »

Very interesting!
For the sake of veracity, I'd re-run the test and compare the results. Repeatability is an important component of experimental process.

Thanks for posting this!

Jim
rmca

Post by rmca »

Morgan

It seems to me that the groups (JSB 7.72 and Walther 4.5) are only diverging in the vertical direction more than they should. This indicates that you probably have to be more careful when you cock the gun from shot to shot or clamp it better.

I've had similar test groups when I tested my LP10 and got exactly that vertical spread when the pistol has not clamped properly or I'd cock it to hard. When a pellet group opens up it normally does in all directions, not just vertically. When I retested those pellets with more care, I got groups much tighter.

I would repeat those groups (JSB 7.72 and Walther 4.5) with extra care just to be sure. And if you can, test the exit speed to see how consistent it is.

Hope this helps
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Interesting first stage testing - when will the 50-shot groups be available?
MorganKane2014

Post by MorganKane2014 »

rmca wrote:Morgan

It seems to me that the groups (JSB 7.72 and Walther 4.5) are only diverging in the vertical direction more than they should. This indicates that you probably have to be more careful when you cock the gun from shot to shot or clamp it better.

I've had similar test groups when I tested my LP10 and got exactly that vertical spread when the pistol has not clamped properly or I'd cock it to hard. When a pellet group opens up it normally does in all directions, not just vertically. When I retested those pellets with more care, I got groups much tighter.

I would repeat those groups (JSB 7.72 and Walther 4.5) with extra care just to be sure. And if you can, test the exit speed to see how consistent it is.

Hope this helps

I see your point, i might have done the cocking of the gun a little different each time.
All groups were shot the same day, in rapid succession.
The tre groups on the top right were the first fired, and then bottom line from the left to the right.
The pistol stayed in the same place during the hole session.

I will try to find the time to do another test, and maybe with more shots of each pellet.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just to give you something further to think about: Steyr recommends holding their guns by the trigger guard and shooting about one shot per minute.

My own testing was done with more reliable (but larger) groups of 30 shots.

To sixstring: my JSB tests were done with three different guns and two lots of pellets, 30 shots per group. The JSB lightest pellets won EVERY time.

I don't bother with this stuff anymore.