Bullseye on So Ca?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bachekermooni

Bullseye on So Ca?

Post by bachekermooni »

I will be moving to Southern California (Mission Viejo area). Any bullseye shooting in the vicinity? Any help is much appreciated.
Greg Walloch

Shooting in S Cal

Post by Greg Walloch »

B,

You have a match in Escondido, which is about an hour south of you, one in Tujunga, about an hour and a half, Dulzura, about two hours south, an I'm not sure what's going on at Camp Pendleton, which will be about a half hour from you. They are haltingly getting it going.

On Target is a 25 yd indoor range really close to you. Some BE shooters practice there. There used to be an informal 900 on Wed nights, but I'm not sure it's still going on. Others practice at the Orange County Sheriff's Range in Orange. It's also 25 yds.

Powder and primers are available at Fowlers in Orange.

Jon Eulette is the hot tip for gunsmithing in the area.

When you get into town, call me and you can carpool with several of us to whichever match.

Greg Walloch
Precision Pistol Box
949-280-7092
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

There's a match in San Bernardino, also.
bachekermooni

Post by bachekermooni »

Thanks Greg, Mike.

I am getting more excited about moving there. I know at least one of my rifles will not be accepted - DMPS Prairie Panther in desert camo. I will have to replace the lower with one without the name "Panther" and Bullet Button installed. Oh well.

Do you know of an FFL that can help me find out which guns are legal and do the transfer for me? I am planning on being there late this year or in March 2015. My place should be ready by then.

I will PM you with my cell.

Cheers.
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

No longer a match in San Bernardino. The San Bernardino Police Range is now closed to civilians.

Jon
paw080

Re: Bullseye on So Ca?

Post by paw080 »

bachekermooni wrote:I will be moving to Southern California (Mission Viejo area). Any bullseye shooting in the vicinity? Any help is much appreciated.
Hi Guy, There is a Bullseye club match every month at the Prado Shooting

venue which is in Chino, but it's also very close to Corona. There is also

10 meter AP60 in La Puente and 50 meter pistol, Sport Pistol, and Standard

pistol periodically held at the Prado venue.

Tony
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

Does Prado have turning targets? Last time I shot there they had all been removed.
Jon
jconrad2754

Bullseye Match

Post by jconrad2754 »

We have a summer league (April to Oct) in Palmdale, about 2 hours north of you. We shoot the second Saturday of the month on a 50 yard outdoor range with turning targets. Log onto <www.desertmarksmen.org> for details.
23's Dad

Santa Margarita Gun Club

Post by 23's Dad »

Here's our club website:

http://www.smgunclub.org/

Unfortunately the Pistol Range we used was burned in the fires this month. We are working to rebuild. Stay tuned on the website for details.

P.S. in the mean time, bring your rifle out to the XTC matches.

I would recommend talking to http://ocarmory.com/ for your FFL questions and needs. They are nearby to MV and very helpful.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

^^^^^^
What 23 said.