Walther GSP trigger sticking

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pwf

Walther GSP trigger sticking

Post by pwf »

All,

I have a Walther GSP Expert that is about 7-8 years old, which I recently picked up used.

Every so often the trigger does not reset after firing. A second attempt will fire it... however while merely annoying on slow fire, it is obviously a big issue shooting rapid!

On checking I found that the trigger shank (the trigger adjustable mounting tube that runs into the trigger arm and gives the length of pull adjustment) had worked its way back into the trigger arm, so the trigger was potentially binding at the rear of its travel. I tightened it up, which has made things a bit better but not totally solved the problem. It seems there is only so much tension I can put on the trigger shank as the tension screw has limited travel and damned trigger is plastic, and likely a bit worn.

I also readjusted the trigger stop but suspect I should try to adjust it out a bit more.

I went searching to see if there is an adjustment of the trigger reset mechanism but the manual is not all that hehlpful.

Has anyone had similar problems, or better yet, can point my way towards adjusting the reset mechanism?

Thanks for the help.

Peter
sobakavitch

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pwf

Post by pwf »

Thank you!

I seem to have an older version of the GSP manual, because my manual reads nothing like what you posted.

I will take you up on your kind offer and PM you for an electronic copy of the current manual.

Many thanks,

Peter