Electronic or mechanical

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Peter B

Electronic or mechanical

Post by Peter B »

Witch trigger do you like. I shot one of those IZH 46 for years and did OK with it only pumping every shot gave me a bad chase of tendonitus. I got a Morini 162E and I can't get back to where I was with the pump job and it been years now. Do we develop a better feel for mechanical triggers?
slofyr

Re: Electronic or mechanical

Post by slofyr »

Peter B wrote:Witch trigger do you like. I shot one of those IZH 46 for years and did OK with it only pumping every shot gave me a bad chase of tendonitus. I got a Morini 162E and I can't get back to where I was with the pump job and it been years now. Do we develop a better feel for mechanical triggers?
Mechanical triggers have been consistent and reliable for me for many years. Being a gearhead, I prefer them over solenoids and batteries. Don't assume, though, that the e-trigger is the cause of your malaise. There are many other variables in the accuracy equation.

It's unusual for anyone getting tendonitis from charging an Izzy, SSP's don't get much easier than that. Could be a technique problem.
Peter B

The feel

Post by Peter B »

When I started air pistol the local talent were shooting in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. To try and catch up to them I was shooting 20 to 25000 a year. I think that is where the tendonitus came in. What I'm getting at is if you think the mind learns a mechanical trigger better or do you just learn to know your pistol. Seems like I looked the shot off more with the IZH and I realy have to follow thru with the Morini. Anyone else notice this.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The Morini trigger can probably be adjusted to be similar to the IZH, but it's far more likely that the grip & balance are the issue(s). The two pistols are VERY different in those regards.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Gwhite wrote:but it's far more likely that the grip & balance are the issue(s). The two pistols are VERY different in those regards.
My thoughts exactly.
conradin

Post by conradin »

I set my trigger weight so light that there is virtually no difference. My Haemmerli 100 is 3g and my Morini 84E is 15g. Both single stage. Any difference has to do with other aspects of the pistol. but not the trigger.
paw080

Re: The feel

Post by paw080 »

Peter B wrote:When I started air pistol the local talent were shooting in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. To try and catch up to them I was shooting 20 to 25000 a year. I think that is where the tendonitus came in. What I'm getting at is if you think the mind learns a mechanical trigger better or do you just learn to know your pistol. Seems like I looked the shot off more with the IZH and I realy have to follow thru with the Morini. Anyone else notice this.
Peter, I don't think you can get Tendonitis from dry fire; then again, maybe

you can.

Tony
Peter B

Trigger

Post by Peter B »

Tendonitis is not the issue sence I started shooting the Morini. The issue is I don't seem to be able to shoot it as well as the IZH and I have been shooting it for years. My question is the trigger and if others find they perfer a clean breaking mechanical over the electronic.
sobakavitch

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therider

Post by therider »

the electronic trigger of my Matchguns MGH1 is a real dream. It releases with a movement of about 1/1000mm as there is no switch inside. Morini 162EI has also a good electronic trigger, different however from MGH1.
With the 162EI I can feel metal hitting metal at the end of first stage (which I like), whilst with MGH1, although all trigger component are metallic, you cannot. What I like more in 162EI is the balance.

I also love the mechancal of Pardini k12.
v76

Post by v76 »

Do you still shoot "20 to 25 000 a year"? Do you dry fire more than that amount of live shots?

In any case, I think follow through is marginally easier (actually, I'd rather say different) with the Morini since there is no "shot break" and pressure stays the same. I went from the 46M to the Morini a few years back and right off the bat scores were (a bit) better but I'd attribute it to the much better ergonomics (ie. the CM grip!) and not really to the technology itself. Since then I shot my PB with a mech. LP10... E Vs. M; I don't think it matters.

I think you may need some more quality time with that new pistol.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

I'd never go back to a mechanical. Every now and then I shoot someone else's pistol with a mechanical trigger. I always hate it. It just feels so unresponsive and kills follow through. Mechanical triggers are very rare in air pistol at a high level
Rover

Post by Rover »

I was shooting an electric trigger AP back in the '80s. It was pretty rare and I was kickin' butt with it.

Too bad the FWB 90 was a bit unreliable. Curse you, Robert Beeman!
rmca

Post by rmca »

Muffo wrote:Mechanical triggers are very rare in air pistol at a high level
That is wrong...

http://toz35.blogspot.pt/2014/09/wch-20 ... stics.html
http://toz35.blogspot.pt/2014/09/air-pistol-women.html

Men 43% eletronic vs 57% mechanical
Women 31% eletronic vs 69% mechanical

Hope this helps
ghostrip

Re:

Post by ghostrip »

having shot and owned the 46, the 162, the mech steyr, the mg1e i tend to agree with Gwhite. balance and grip play a big role.
all current pistols in production are lighter than the 46 and so is the 162. you could try emulating the balance of 46 by using weights on the 162.
a fellow shooter of mine shot very good scores with his gsp and club's C20. he got a Walther LP400 alu and his scores took a major hit. after altering the balance and weight of the LP400 to be closer to that of FWB (and his GSP) his scores went again up.
conradin

Post by conradin »

I have yet to find a semi-automatic pistol that has a good trouble free electronic trigger...if there is one, I'll trade my mechanical in!
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

conradin the cm102e had a very good electronic trigger.
i know because the module in my 162e is also marked for 102e (made by metalux Switzerland if i remember correctly).
of course 102e was sadly lacking reliability in the mechanical side (some worked some not and every one was hand tuned to work).
in my country all electronic semi automatics were pardini. i would not call them trouble free. the one used most, beside ammo it also
needed electronic boards as regular spare part. recently a shooter received his mg2e-rf. it is too new to call it reliable but it is
promising (trigger worked as expected, one malfunction but was due to user inexperience with the type).
also as it was mentioned at another thread there are some ssp-e with faulty batteries (at least that is the diagnose right now)
Walther service was very helpful and when we have it at our club i might try write an evaluation.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Neal still have a couple of MG2E that he wants to get rid of. They were all returned items. Coupled with the fact that in the US there is no agent hence there is no repair service, makes having a MG2E very risky.
Peter B

Post by Peter B »

Thanks for your replys. I changed the grip angles and that helped my NPA. I don't shoot that much anymore do to elbow problems. Dry firing doesn't work for me as much as shooting at a blank target. The reason I started this is because I was thinking of going back to a mechanical trigger but at this point the only thing that will help my scores are sand bags.

Peter B
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

The reason I started this is because I was thinking of going back to a mechanical trigger but at this point the only thing that will help my scores are sand bags.

Peter B
This brought a smile to my face Peter . I am sure all of us have felt like this from time to time.