FWB AW93 mag capacity?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
j-team

FWB AW93 mag capacity?

Post by j-team »

Can someone please tell me if the AW93 mag can take 6 shots or is it only 5?
RobStubbs

Re: FWB AW93 mag capacity?

Post by RobStubbs »

j-team wrote:Can someone please tell me if the AW93 mag can take 6 shots or is it only 5?
I'd be very suprised if it was 6 as it's designed for ISSF events which are 5-shot events.

Rob.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Thanks Rob, but rather than finding out what surprises you, I'd actually like to know whether the AW93 mags can take 6 rounds!
joel

Post by joel »

I believe that my mags will hold up to 7, but will not function with more than 5. I don't know why, but that's how mine works anyway.

Joel
renzo

Post by renzo »

Checking the FWB site, they describe the AW-93 as a "5 shot pistol"; in the technical data sheet they supply the magazine capacity is listed as "5 + 1".

Having said that - if for whatever reason you want the clip to hold six rounds - in my experience ANY grip-length magazine can be worked to admit 6 or more shots without much fuss.
TB

Post by TB »

If the slide is open after last shot it holds 5 rounds. If the slide stays closed after the last shot the mag holds up to 6 rounds. It has to do with how big the thing on the side of the mag is.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I just loaded mine. While the package that the extra mag came in says 5-Shot Magazine, I could force in a sixth. I have never tried with 6 and the knob you can pull down to load sits at the very bottom with 6 so not sure if it would function/feed with 6 in the mag.

Chip
j-team

Post by j-team »

ChipEck wrote:I just loaded mine. While the package that the extra mag came in says 5-Shot Magazine, I could force in a sixth. I have never tried with 6 and the knob you can pull down to load sits at the very bottom with 6 so not sure if it would function/feed with 6 in the mag.

Chip
Thanks for that. Exactly what I wanted, an answer from someone who actually had one in their hand.
TB

Post by TB »

Sorry English is not my first language. I will try again! The knob on the side of the mag comes in two sizes. If it is the big knob it holds the slide open after the last shot but you can only fit 5 rounds in the mag. If it is the small knob on the side of the mag the slide stays closed after last shot and you can fit 6 rounds in the mag.
john bickar

Re: FWB AW93 mag capacity?

Post by john bickar »

j-team wrote:Can someone please tell me if the AW93 mag can take 6 shots or is it only 5?
To tell you the truth, I lost track myself, in all this excitement.