Anschutz SuperAir 2002 problems

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

6INT

Anschutz SuperAir 2002 problems

Post by 6INT »

I have an older 2002 with the side lever pump. Worked great for over 15000 pellets. The other day it acted as if it only got a half charge, light sound and pellet hitting low. Went to pump again and the rest of the air discharged. Next try the firing pin fell but did not discharge any of the air. Went to recock it and it fired. Tried again same thing. removed the trigger, charged the system, and with a brass punch held to the back of the firing pin tapped it with a hammer. As it turned out I had to really hit it with the hammer, much more force than the firing pin could exert and it still took two raps to discharge all the air. It almost acts as if it is supplying to much air into the system. Anyone ever experienced this or have any ideas?
Packrat1947

Post by Packrat1947 »

Hi, I have both a 2001 and 2002, but have never experienced your issue. Here's a posting that I left for someone who needed a seal. Just a thought.

"You may want to try Gartland Precision LLC.

605-649-1173

He used to be an Olympic team gunsmith, and repairs Anschutz target rifles. He has supplied unusual Anschutz parts and seals for my 2001 and 2002 SuperAirs.

http://www.gartlandprecisionllc.com/index.html

If you do order from him, be sure to get the cocking arm bumper. It is a black V-ee shaped plastic thing that prevents the cocking arm from touching the stock. Sooner or later, it will crack and you'll need a new one. Just a thought. While you are at it, get some of the special Anschutz grease for the air cylinder.

http://www.pbase.com/packrat/image/146797587

Best Regards,
Packrat1947"
6INT

Post by 6INT »

Thanks for the info Packrat. Probably will ship it off for service. It's such a simple system I hate that I can't figure it out.
Jim E

Post by Jim E »

Sounds like you exhaust valving system is probably the cause. The forum host - Pilkguns --- should be able to handle the common repair/service.