Kimber 1911 Rimfires

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

Most of the better shooters I know use 208 with crisp trigger. The ones with rolls wish they were crisp. Steve Reiter won 5 National Championships shooting High Standards. A good/excellent 1911 2lb trigger surpasses a
most of the Euro guns because it's not a pivoting trigger and will reset with a shorter return. So shoot what you like, but maybe you've never felt a quality 1911 trigger. Many gunsmiths do LIABILITY trigger jobs. It may weigh 2lb, but it takes forever to break. A good 1911 pistolsmith can do a trigger equal to any Euro gun. And yes a 2 stage is a 2 stage. It's all apples and oranges......GSP vs. Pardini, they're different.
TCNTN

Post by TCNTN »

I have shot several of 22s mentioned here in bullseye.
I bought one of the first batch of Marvel/Nighthawk conversions. The firing pin broke and Nighthawk had me sent if back and they kept it. I received one from the next batch. Both guns were undependable and not as accurate as advertised.
I went with the Marvel precision. It is more dependable though you have to pull the slide back and release to load the first round or it won't load.
I also have a SW 41 that was purchased through Clark Custom guns with their barrel. It is the best. Very reliable and accurate. Both the Marvel and 41 came with similar sized groups on the test targets but the 41 is the more accurate of the two in my hands. It works perfectly with CCI sv, SK match, Wolf match and Eley black box. I have not tried anything else.
The price is steep for the Clark 41 but I got what I paid for. Its actually fairly comparable in price with a Marvel if you include buying a new lower and parts and sending it to a gunsmith for assembly and trigger job. I used the same lower for all three Marvels.