Cleaning a Centra duo glass foresight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

PhilipM

Cleaning a Centra duo glass foresight

Post by PhilipM »

My Centra duo glass foresight is dusty on the inside. This is very obvious when shooting a Meyton target or when shining a flashlight through the tunnel.

Does anyone know how to disassemble this foresight so that I can clean the glass elements on the inside ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Philip
Cumbrian

Post by Cumbrian »

This is not what you want to hear but I would hand it back to Centra, if you can. I also have a Duo Vario foresight and it does not look dismantler friendly to me. These adjustable foresights generally are said to be delicate creatures. I did dismantle a Centra rearsight with filters and I reckon I was lucky to get it back together again.
PhilipM

Post by PhilipM »

I've send an e-mail to Centra as well asking them for a manual or instructions how to clean the inside of the Duo Glass foresight. Hope they respond soon.
Cumbrian

Post by Cumbrian »

Hope your email brings a result, though Centra are not good with instructions on their products. If you are successful, perhaps you could pass on any information?
PhilipM

Post by PhilipM »

An update on the cleaning of my dusty Centra duo glass foresight.

Centra confirmed this foresight cannot be disassembled and they offered to clean it free of charge. I've now received my cleaned foresight and it is as good as new. Very nice service of Centra although the whole process could have been a bit speedier.

Regards,
Philip
Cumbrian

Post by Cumbrian »

Thank you for passing on the news of your outcome. It's useful information for me, and, I would hope, others.