Model 52-1 Problem

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bullseyeman

Model 52-1 Problem

Post by bullseyeman »

I have a Model 52-1; i use 148 hbwc with 2.6-2.7 of bullseye. The problem i'm having is that i'll load a full magazine, chamber the first round and when i squeeze the trigger nothing happens. Also sometimes happens when i do get a few rounds to go off, it will extract properly, load the next round but the trigger won't release the hammer (and of course the safety is off). Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I could see a light load not fully cycling the action, but often happens for the first round. Do i need a new recoil spring? Appreciate any thoughts, thanks
Kirmdog

Post by Kirmdog »

Check the set screw that controls over all travel of the trigger. It's located in the mag well and you have to take the grips off to adjust it. It sounds like the trigger is set with to little over all travel.

Just a thought.

Kirmdog

Edit, this has nothing to do with your recoil spring or your loads. If I'm understanding you correctly then when you pull the trigger nothing happens, the hammer doesn't drop and the round doesn't go off. If this is the case then what I have said above should apply and should fix your problem.
bullseyeman

Post by bullseyeman »

thanks Kirmdog- I adjusted the trigger screws and now seems to dry fire each time- heading to the range this weekend so i'll see if that fixed the problem
Kirmdog

Post by Kirmdog »

Some people like minimal over all trigger travel, I don't. It doesn't bother me if the trigger moves an extra 1/32 + of an inch because I never notice it with the gun recoiling. I set mine trigger adjustment screw 1 full turn out from where the trigger lets the hammer fall consistently. I have had what you describe happen in a match and learned to back the screw out a little more that "just enough".

If it's dry-firing fine then you shouldn't have any problems.

Kirmdog
mikeyv

Post by mikeyv »

I have had this issue a couple of times with mine. Pull the slide off and clean around the trigger mechanism. I have found a little piece of debris in the trigger travel made just enough difference to prevent firing. Starts very intermittent but can get worse. Had to look several times before I spotted the culprit. As I recall it was between the front of the trigger and the frame. Kind of acting like a trigger stop but on top of the trigger. Cleaned it out and back in business.

Good Luck!
bullseyeman

Post by bullseyeman »

It works, fired 90 rounds this morning and it worked, trigger was still clean and crisp, just more travel in it, thanks!