LP10E malfunctions after 800 shots!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
argus

Post by argus »

therider wrote:Guys, you are ruining my w.e. with these encouraging infos! :-)
Any body interested in buying a 1 month old LP10E with Cesare Morini personalized hand grip??? ? :-)
..... Why the hell did they use plastic?
therider, don't throw away the baby with the bath water. Even though you have had problem early in the pistols life, quality issues happen with any manufactured product and you just happen to be the one that drew the short straw this time. I'm sure your LP10E will be as close as possible to perfect after the repair by Steyr.
Also while we have a perception that plastic parts equate to poor quality and reduced life, in reality many thousands of LP10E are out there and you just do not seem to hear of this issues related to the plastic parts. So when your pistol returns, enjoy it!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

...thousands of LP10E...
Really? I don't think so...
j-team

Post by j-team »

Tycho wrote:Really? I don't think so...
So, just how many do you think?
Avery

Post by Avery »

therider wrote: Why the hell did they use plastic?
About year ago I dry fired (couple of time) from Michail Nestruev LP10e
So electronic trigger module in his LP10e was made from metal. i think, in near future Steyr will implement metal module instead plastic.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I don't think there are more than a few hundred e-Steyrs around. The market is pretty small, the pricetag is pretty stiff, the competition in AP not too shabby.
in near future Steyr will implement metal module instead plastic
The Russians are famous for rebuilding their pistols with their own stuff. Check Igor's blog for more info. Wouldn't surprise me if Mikhail's LP10 had a non-factory trigger. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if top shooters got better equipment from Steyr than paying customers. Morini, Benelli and others have a long tradition of such politics, too.
therider

Post by therider »

Tycho wrote:
On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if top shooters got better equipment from Steyr than paying customers. Morini, Benelli and others have a long tradition of such politics, too.
This is really annoying!
Avery

Post by Avery »

Tycho wrote:
The last lp10e which i had, was with SN 602850. LP10e SN starts from 600001. So at feb 2013 about 2850 LP10e was made.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Of course. The first Morini CM102E hat SN 1000. The last one I know about was 400x. By your count, that makes 3000+ pistols. In fact, there were about 700. Do you believe in fairytales, too?
Avery

Post by Avery »

Tycho wrote:Of course. The first Morini CM102E hat SN 1000. The last one I know about was 400x. By your count, that makes 3000+ pistols. In fact, there were about 700. Do you believe in fairytales, too?
Why not? Lp10e popular ap.
A friend of mine sold about 150 lp10 (mechs and E's) only in last year (2013) and only in Moscow.
So 2850 is not a big number for such popular ap which sells worldwide.
django

Post by django »

django wrote: I never bought the Walther lp400 .... I am professional shooter , i bought this weapon because this feature. I alway need make adjustment on every shooting range i compete But..it doesn't work..and i am dissapointed.
Sorry, what feature are you talking about? Do you change the grip position at every competition?
=============================================
yes I always make adjustments . Depending on the condition of Field ( high targets although sometimes there are small differences but influential ) Lighting and my physical condition at that time . That's why call match pistol. Pistol that can be tuned according to our needs. Conversely, if it is not a match gun, we must adjust ourselves to fit our guns. :)

Walther lp400 offers a feature where we can release a lot of grip without changing the position of the gun , There is a small bolt on the left side of the body grip ( for right hand grip ) if you loosen up you can take a gun . Useful if you want to change the trigger settings easier when removing the gun from his grip . If it fits you just insert and pistol grip to tighten these bolts . The gun only changed slightly. If we do not remove these bolts but removing the screws under the grip . When installing the gun we have to do a re-setting , design Considering lp 400 unique grip . ( Steyr lp10 not as complicated as it LOL ) If you rarely make configuration changes will not be a problem . But shooters like I need to change the configuration of the gun according to the conditions .

The problem is that the bolts are too small to support the weight of the entire weapon . and bold reciver grove too shallow . If you install and remove the bolt repeatedly will quickly wear out . Owned my arms felt wobbly position even when gripped even the bolts are secure . This is due to the bolts that lock the surface is not flat , I hope walher aware of this and make a change by installing a larger bolt or negate this feature .

I 've filed this complaint to Walther , and they give you an answer by asking " what do you do with a rotating bolt it " LOL ...
Walther may want us to rotate the bolt was not too often . Well what is the point of this ad can be removed from the gun grip and mounted again without a change in the configuration of the weapon ? Please alert us to know in the manual .
Attachments
LP400 Carbon left-1000x600.jpg
LP400 Carbon left-1000x600.jpg (31.7 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
therider

Post by therider »

Finally I got it back!
they have changed the "Schlagstückes" (hitting parts) and the "Fangrast" (part n.80)
Also they have reset the trigger and the VO (which i guess is the velocity).
But, very annoyingly, they have scratched both my compressed air bottles! One of them very severely!