Toz 35 question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Goldy

Toz 35 question

Post by Goldy »

I tore apart my Toz today because last time I took it to the range it would not fire and I thought I should replace the firing pin spring. This also gave me an opportunity to try and install the cocking lever spring that the original owner had accidentally removed and was unable to get it back on. Much to my dismay the new pin spring didn't fix the firing problem but when I raise the cocking lever and pull the trigger it works perfectly. What does the cocking lever control when its elevated?

Also, is it possible to stretch the pin spring back to its normal length and use it again? The old one was nearly 1/4 inch shorter than the new one.
scausi

toz

Post by scausi »

Not saying it was you or you have done this, maybe the previous owner from what you say.But this sounds like the common problem with Toz owners who dont know how to adjust their triggers. Anyone can turn a screwdriver .But the problem seems to be they dont understand what they are trying to do when they start turning screws ,and believe me it is very easy to stop a pistol from working when the wrong adjustments are done, if you have the manual take the time to go through it and understand what it,s telling you on adjustments of trigger /set screw & sear.If you dont have the manual go to Pilk Guns web site .
From what you say it sounds like the cocking lever cant engage the sear , try holding the lever up with one hand and adjust the set screw or sear adjustment screw that way you should feel the click when it engages .
Sorry i cant be more specific but its kinda hard putting it into words what you need to do.
Cheers .S
p.s Yes i own a Toz
Rover

Post by Rover »

The original TOZ firing pin springs are crap!

Get a new one. I have sold dozens to local shooters. You can also make them from a S&W trigger return spring shortened a bit.
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

Firing pin springs from Pardini K22, Fpm and Fpe fits perfectly.
The hammer spring from Ruger mk II (3?) is long enough to make 2.