IZH 46m trigger pull

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
charliek

IZH 46m trigger pull

Post by charliek »

I seem to recall that to adjust the trigger pull on an IZH 46M it is necessary to also adjust either the pre-travel or post-travel setting. But I don't remember the details and have last the manual which described the procedure. Can someone help me out?
rmca

Post by rmca »

Check this page from our host:

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/default.htm

Hope this helps
charliek

IZH 46m trigger pull

Post by charliek »

Thanks, that page shows what those screws control but it doesn't tell me how to set them while adjusting the trigger pull weight.
DLS

Post by DLS »

I'm not sure what you are asking.

You set 'them' to where you like 'them'. You choose settings that will provide the trigger pull that works with your style and allows you to perform the best.

For example, some folks like a large amount of trigger over-travel (me for instance) some people don't like any at all.

As another example, I prefer a two-stage feel, with a lot of movement and little weight on the first stage creating a very definite 'stop' at the end of the first and the beginning of the second. Others like a closer match between the stage weights.

Did that help?
charliek

IZH 46m trigger pull

Post by charliek »

Thanks for your response. I'm familiar with those adjustments from other pistols. When the IZH came it had two instruction sheets with it. One is the standard size format manual which is available on line and gives basic instructions about loading etc., and identifies the various parts and their functions. The other was a smaller format, printed on yellow or cream colored paper, and was partially in Russian and partially in English. In the instructions for setting trigger pull weight (as I recall) it said something about having to adjust either the pre travel or post travel setting at the same time that the trigger pull weight was set.
But I have lost this second manual and I'm hoping someone can provide the information it contained so I can avoid a trial and error session of adjusting each thing in combination with the others. My goal is to increase the trigger pull from where it is at present.

Sorry for the long post.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

If you just want to increase pull, turning screw "C" clockwise should get you what you want.
izzyjim

Post by izzyjim »

you are correct Charlie. The manuals I have read do not mention this anomaly, but it is there.
As I recall from when I first adjusted the trigger on my 46M, I set it very light, and removed all the over travel.
Sometime later, I decided I wanted a heavier trigger, but I could not make that adjustment until I added some over travel to the trigger.

At least that is the way I remember it.
So adjust the trigger weight first, then remove as much over travel as you want.