Anschutz 2002 CA Value

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

deboom_j

Anschutz 2002 CA Value

Post by deboom_j »

I'm looking at an Anschutz 2002 CA with aluminum stock for my first air rifle (I'm a "normal sized adult" - 5' 10" - 210lbs). It comes with the Anschutz 7002 sight set, some misc apetures, 2 cylinders with adapter, hand stop, bipod/stand. What's a fair price for a set up like this?

Is there any way to tell the age/mfg date on these rifles? They don't have the 2 letter date codes like the smallbores do. Can I tell by the serial number? I know air rifles need the seals and regulators to be serviced occasionally, and that may influence the price if the rifle needs to have some work done. Also, the cylinders, do they need to be inspected, maintained, or replaced after a certain amount of time?

I understand this rifle has the 5018 trigger, which is what my 54.18 MSR has too. The 54.18 was my first "real target rifle" I bought, and I really love that trigger!

Thanks for your help, I've been poking around the forum for a while now and really enjoy everyone's helpful posts,

John
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

The 2002 is a good rifle. The big drawback to the 2002 as compared to the replacement model 8002 is the lack of dryfire switch, and the 8002 has a better trigger. Check the orings, you probably also got a spare parts kit with it. Anschutz recommends annual inspection and potential rebuilds on an annual basis, so they do have wear parts, but annual rebuild seems a bit pessimistic to me. I had one for years and it was a pretty good rifle. I guess 1250 or so on the price, could vary by condition and desire to sell. Being an older model tends to drive the price down given the improved model 8002 is also on the used market. The cylinders should be dated, and they would be a clue on age. I really forget, but maybe you can find a date in the stock if you remove the cylinder. I kinda remember something written at that spot. If the price is pretty high, consider a 8002, a FWB 700, or walther LG 300/400. Those models are probably a step up for most tastes.
There is a 10 meter league centered near Mill Hall, Centre - Clinton county, with I guess 200 guys and 6 teams. We shoot Tuesday nights from October to May. PM me if that is of interest. You can also shoot the 54MSR, and a scope if you wish. I shoot a Walther LG400 or Anschutz 9003 with a 6x20 Leupold. Most shoot 3P style 22 rifles with scopes. The area is also rich with SB silhouette in the summer, so you can wear out the MSR. Generally a match with in 70 miles every weekend.
deboom_j

Post by deboom_j »

Thanks for the reply.